Books and Resources
• Dunning, D. (2012). Judgment and decision making. In S. T. Fiske & C. N. Macrae (Eds.), The SAGE handbook of social cognition (pp. 251-273). …
Pennington, D. C., Flanagan, C., & Banyard, P. (2012). Social cognition. London, GBR: Routledge.
Gold, A. R., Landerman, P. G., & Bullock, K. W. (1977). Reactions to victims of crime: Sympathy, defensive attribution, and the just world. An …
Gold, R. S. (2008). Unrealistic optimism and event threat. Psychology, Health & Medicine, 13(2), 193-201.
Hayibor, S., & Wasieleski, D. M. (2009). Effects of the use of the availability heuristic on ethical decision-making in organizations. Journal of …
Kelly, D. J., Liu, S., Rodger, H., Miellet, S., Ge, L., & Caldara, R. (2011). Developing cultural differences in face processing. Developmental …
Kim, H., Sherman, D., & Taylor, S. (2008). Culture and social support. American Psychologist, 63(6), 518-526.
Savani, K., Markus, H., et al. (2010). What counts as a choice? U.S. Americans are more likely than Indians to construe actions as choices. …
American Psychological Association. (2015). Frequently asked questions about APA style. APA Style.
Social Psychology Network.(2010). Homepage.
Northcentral University Academic Success Center. (2015, June). Creating a successful PowerPoint presentation [PDF document].
Northcentral University. (2014). Foundations for expanding knowledge: Academic integrity [Tutorial].
Assignment: Create a Presentation on Social Cognition
Your task this week is to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on the topic of social cognition, or more specifically, how we think about the social world around us, and why we do so. The audience for this presentation is an undergraduate social psychology course. Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
1. Provide a description and overview of social cognition in your own words.
2. Explain briefly what heuristics are and why we use them.
3. Describe the required error in thinking of the ‘fundamental attribution error’, and then select three more common errors from the list below (if you find one that is not on the list and want to use it – reach out to your professor for approval):
o Self-serving biases
o Change blindness
o Blaming the victim
o Belief in a just world
o Unrealistic optimism
o Automatic believing
o Self-fulfilling prophecy
4. Define each of the three errors that you have selected above, in addition to the required fundamental attribution error (a total of four errors). Then, using the information which you have located through your research, explain what leads to these errors in thinking, and why they occur. Describe how each of these errors distorts reality as a protective mechanism, and how these errors can, in some instances, be viewed as beneficial or helpful to the self-esteem of the individual. Provide an example of each type of error from the recent news media, and describe how this error distorts reality to protect an individual’s self-esteem in some way. In your response, be sure to explain your answer fully to illustrate your thorough understanding of each error.
5. Conclude with an analysis of how the culture of an individual may or may not cause this error to occur more frequently, along with at least one strategy or tip for preventing each type of error in thinking (based on the recommendations within the scholarly research). Describe how this strategy can be used to prevent or remedy this type of error in thinking about the social world around us, and why this may be helpful to the individual when interacting with others. Support these recommendations with scholarly research citations throughout your presentation.
Include at least five references from peer-reviewed journals. Other scholarly resources may be used as appropriate.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Create a professional presentation incorporating appropriate animations, transitions, graphics, and speaker notes. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists. Be sure to add a reference slide or transition for all the references you use. Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy
Note: Reflect on the new and original information you learned this week, along with how you might use this knowledge moving forward, and note this (for Part Two of your Signature Assignment) in a learning job
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download