textbook, A Topical Approach to Life-Span Development:
Chapter 11: The Self, Identity, and Personality
This assignment supports the following unit objectives:
Discuss the main ways the self and understanding others are conceptualized and how they develop.
Explain the key facets of identity development.
Describe personality and its development in adulthood.
This application assignment has you focus on the theories of identity.
A Word document in 12-point font, double spacing, APA citations (including a title and reference page), and utilizes paragraph format with complete sentences. This assignment should also respond to the following questions thoroughly and thoughtfully.
Perform the following tasks:
Step 1: Read Each of the Following Scenarios.
Identify the status of the adolescent in each scenario and discuss why you chose each identity:
James Marcia expanded on Erikson’s description of the conflicts encountered at the identity versus identity confusion stage. Four types of resolution are described: identity diffusion, identity foreclosure, identity moratorium, and identity achievement. The resolutions vary on two dimensions—the presence or absence of a crisis and the presence or absence of a sense of commitment to an identity. After describing each type of resolution, identify the status of the adolescent in each scenario.
• Marsha is a 14-year-old who, when asked what she wants to do when she graduates from high school, replies, “Maybe I will get married and have some children, or maybe I will be a neurosurgeon, or a fashion designer.”
• Seventeen-year-old Suzanne is questioning the tenets of the religion in which she was brought up. For the first time, she is examining her beliefs and considering other belief systems. At the end of the period, she chooses to follow the same religion as her parents.
• Lorraine is 16 years old and, when asked what she wants to do when she graduates from high school, replies, “I never really thought about it. I guess I will decide when the time comes.”
• After Bill graduates from high school, he plans to go into his father’s business. He has been talking this over with his parents since he was a young boy and is eager to fulfill his parents’ expectations.
• Michael was asked to debate issues concerning premarital sex in his health class. His parents always taught him that premarital sex was wrong, and that they would be disappointed if they discovered he had participated. After thoroughly investigating the consequences of premarital sex, Michael came out against it.
Step 2: Read through your Textbook, Web Resources, and Other Supplemental Resources to Answer the Questions.
As you answer the scenarios, make sure you utilize paragraph format as well as APA guidelines. If you use references, make sure to cite those as well.
Step 3: Look over your Assignment for Spelling or Grammar Errors.
It is always a good idea to proofread your work prior to submission. Take this time to read over your assignment and make sure you have thoroughly and thoughtfully explained your answers to the questions listed above.
Step 4: Make sure to put your assignment in a Word document (12-point font) and clearly label each with the information from the Step 5 example.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download