Web-Based Research (WBR) Paper: Each student will write a brief paper using web based research on a company of their choice (i.e., any company with a website [i.e., public, private, for/non-profit]).
Requirements and grading of the WBR are noted below. The WBR Paper is worth 7.5% of the total course grade.
• The primary source of your paper should be the company’s own website for the company of your choice. A “Google search” about the company is not the same – the objective here is for you to review information that the company shares online to better understand the company’s operations. This approach might be something you would likely do if you had the opportunity to interview for a job with that company, in order to better prepare for an interview. Research beyond the company website and our text is not required, and actually not recommended – this is your opportunity to learn critical skills to align your school work and learnings with application in the “real world.”
• Formatting, grammar, and overall quality (20%): The paper should be one-page, single spaced with 12- point Times New Roman font with a one-inch margin (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized). The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and clarity-checked. Spelling errors, poorly structured thoughts, and grammar mistakes will be penalized. Papers submitted in bullet point format will also be penalized.
• Company information (20%): The paper must include the name of the company, description of the business, primary goods/services, location of headquarters, the internet address and why you selected this particular company. You should not select a company where you previously or currently work.
• Two (2) Operations Management topics as listed in the course schedule (40%): If only one OM topic is addressed, the student will be penalized by 20% on the WBR paper score. Some examples of past topics used are:
• What is the company’s approach to outsourcing and/or offshoring?
• What type of forecasting & scheduling practices does the company use?
• What are the competitive dimensions / strategies that form the competitive position of the company?
• What type of production and/or service processes does the company utilize?
• How has the company incorporated lean, TPS, and six sigma principles into the culture?
• What are the company’s order qualifier(s) and order winner(s)?
• What is the company’s approach to sustainability?
• Any other topic covered in this course…
• Three (3) Questions (20%): Lastly, you must include three (3) questions that you would ask the CEO if you had the opportunity to meet with him/her. These (3) questions should be Operations Management related; like if you were interviewing the CEO for a newspaper or magazine article. Questions you might ask them would be about international strategies, past scandals, supply chain / sourcing practices, social responsibility, company culture, etc. Questions need to be more thought provoking than “where do you see the company in 5 years,” or “what are you most proud of in your career;” they need to be related to Operations Management issues covered in this course.
• In general, the WBR Paper should be about 4 paragraphs. The first paragraph explains the company info, the second paragraph will address the first OM topic, the third paragraph will address the second OM topic, and the fourth paragraph will be the three questions you’d ask if interviewing the CEO of your chosen company.
• You should include the following information in the Header of your paper: Your name, RedID and Course Sequence Number
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.