PSY 351 Personality Approach Paper Guidelines – Spring 2020
-NO emailed papers! NO exceptions!
-Full credit – Paper #1 due in class (Wednesday March 4, 2020)
-25 points off (start with 75/100 possible points) – Due by next in class session (Wednesday March 11, 2020)
-Turn in hard copy (to be graded) as well as Turnitin.com (to check for textual similarity review)
-Two 5 page papers (not including title and reference pages); double spaced
• For each paper, choose a different personality disorder (list to be provided) and discuss the disorder in terms of a personality approach (e.g., Psychoanalytic, Biological, Humanistic)
• Paper #1 (Due March 4, 2020) – must use Psychoanalytic approach
• Paper #2 (Due April 22, 2020) – choose Biological, Humanistic, Behavioral/Social Learning approach or Cognitive Approach
• Papers are worth 100 points each and should include:
– Title page (4 points) – follow example given
– e.g., font same as rest of paper (12 pt times new roman)
– General description of the disorder (16 points) 1 page
– Include information such definition, symptoms, demographics, how is it diagnosed. Do not include information about the approach, explanation or treatment.
– General description of the personality approach (16 points) 1 page
– Define key ideas involving the personality approach. Do not mention the disorder. For example if you are using the Psychoanalytical Approach, you need to discuss the unconscious as well as 2-3 other ideas (levels of awareness; personality characters –id, ego, super ego; defense mechanisms; psychosexual stages – e.g., oral). This information then needs to be used in your explanation (section 3).
– How the approach explains the disorder (24 points) 1 page and half
– Integrate the key points in the previous section in describing how the approach explains the disorder. Also, don’t introduce new terms relating to the approach that weren’t already mentioned in the “approach” paragraph.
– Possible treatments for the disorder (24 points) 1 page and half
– Remember to explain not just what the treatment is, but how it works and how it improves the patient’s outcomes. Also, don’t mention treatments that are irrelevant to the approach. Examples of Freudian treatment are hypnosis, dream analysis, free association…
– Reference page & references in body of paper (8 points)
– follow APA guidelines for citations in paper as well as reference page
-Google “APA Citation Style” for examples
– must use textbook and at least two additional sources
– no dictionary or Wikipedia-type sources – can use sources such as WebMD
– cite references throughout paper – not just at end of long paragraph
– limit the number of direct quotes – try to paraphrase (citing reference)
– Overall organization & APA format (8 points)
– follow guidelines given about parts of paper
– discuss in order given in guidelines
– no need for a bunch of extraneous information (e.g., detailed example of
an OCD sufferer)
-APA guidelines (e.g., 12 pt times new roman font; 1inch margins; double spaced)
Attach Grade sheet provided on BB at the end of your paper and get 2 bonus points!
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download