The aim of this project is to study the lightweight potential of density re- duced steels, titanium alloys, and new generation of steel grades (DP600 und TRIP700).
The lightweight design of several components will be compared.
The influence of alloying elements and the mechanical properies (den- sity, E-modulus, Rm, …) will help to describe the the lightweight potential. Several typical components will be designed, calculated and weight of com- ponents assessed. The obtained results will be interpreted and discussed in this work. If laboratory is available, hardness and microstructure study can be made.
Aims and Scientific Questions
• Aspects of the study
– Literature survey: list the mechanical properties of density re- duced steels, titanium and high-strength steels (comparison, mi- crostructures, alloying, liste),
– Calculation of several components using steels, Ti and density reduced steels (E/density, Rm/density…. eg. automotive compo- nents).
– Comparison and light-weight properties, compare the studied ma- terials for given applications.
Experimental Procedure and Methods
• List of experimental methods and tools:
– Phase diagrams,
– Calculationsofcomponents(ExampleFraunhoferReportLightweight design using modern materials)
– Plot Rm versus density, E versus density,… (Ashby type),
– Plot weight of components using steel, Ti and low density steels.
• List of materials
– Low density steels (Fe-C-Mn, Al,… alloys) for automotive and
– DP600 and TRIP700 steels (AHSS),
– Titanium alloys (automotive, aircraft usage, e.g. TiAl6V4,…).
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download