Despite the socialization process and assimilation into one’s society being passed from generation to generation, virtually all societies have, and continue to, experience social change. Social change is understood to be a significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and the overall culture. Social change has traditionally happened relatively slowly, with many societal members hardly noticing when the change began. However, with globalization and an increase in technological advances, social changes are now happening much more rapidly.
To begin this assignment, think about some historical examples of social change, such as agricultural advancements (irrigation, the cotton gin), shifts to democratic governments, and civil rights movements. Then, begin thinking about social changes you have experienced more recently in your own life.
Write a paper that discusses the following 4 prompts. Use the information under each prompt to guide your responses:
1. Discuss a social change that you have experienced. Describe how this change impacted society as a whole and your own individual behaviors.
– Was the social change positive or negative in your perspective?
-Did your life get easier or harder-simplified or more complicated?
-Has it been positive or negative for society?
2. Research a non-Western culture, and identify a recent social movement or social change they have experienced.
-Describe the social change/movement, and how the social change impacted their society.
-Discuss how globalization may or may not have impacted their social change. For example, consider how other societies may have influenced the social movement/change you identified OR how the social movement/change you identified impacted other societies, outside of its own.
-Was the change well received or protested by the majority of social members in that society? Include examples and references to support your analysis.
3. Research and discuss one technological advancement that is being developed right now. Then, discuss the following:
-How one of the new technologies may spur social change in your society.
-How this new technology might impact cultural norms, values and practices. For example, how this new technology may change the culture of a society.
-Do you believe the potential social change would be positive or negative, overall?
4. Think critically and discuss how technological advancement can both positively and negatively impact the social sciences, specifically sociology, and how the social sciences are studied (refer to Chapter 10: Research Applications for guidance). Specifically, discuss the following:
-How studying society has evolved in response to social changes. Specifically, consider how the social change pertaining to a higher regard for human rights and ethics has made studying people easier and/or more difficult.
-How studying society may continue to evolve in the future in response to social changes. Specifically, consider how ‘privacy’ as a social value is changing and how this may make studying people easier and/or more difficult.
-Other considerations may include a prediction on how changes in population size, globalization, shifting cultural values, new technological advancements, etc. will continue to make studying people easier and more difficult in the future
Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the points presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list them in APA format on your Reference page.
Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length, not counting the Title page and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include a Title and Reference page, should be double-spaced, and should include a running head and page numbers.
(Personal social change) 30 points
• Discusses a social change student has experienced.
• Explains how the change impacted society as a whole and how it impacted student’s own behaviors.
• Evaluates whether the social change was positive or negative.
• Addresses how the social change positively or negatively impacted student’s life
• Addresses how the social change positively or negatively impacted society as a whole
(Social Change in Non-Western Culture) 30 points
• Identifies a recent social movement or social change in a non-Western culture.
• Describes how the social change impacted that society.
• Analyzes whether the change was well-received or protested.
• Discussed how globalization may or may not have contributed to the social movement/social change
• Supports opinions with examples and/or references.
(Technological Advancements and Future Social Changes )25 points
o how a new technology is projected to impact individuals
o how a new technology may spur social change in societal norms, values and/practices
o how the new technology may be positive or negative
• Supports opinion with examples and/or references
(Social Changes and the Social Sciences)25 points
• Identifies how an human rights and research ethics has changed over time
o Discusses how these changes have impacted the social sciences
• Observes how privacy as a social value is changing
o Discusses how this change might impact the social sciences
o Supports opinions with elaboration and examples to validate points.
(Organization) 10 points
• Organizes paper to address 4 topics related to social change. Uses clear topic sentences to state the focus of each section. Uses transitions to connect key points.
(Paper Format) 10 points
• Provides a 4-5 page paper that is double-spaced, and includes a title page, reference page, running head, and page numbers. The title page and reference page are not counted in the length of 4-5 pages for the paper.
(Credibility) 10 points
• Utilizes credible information sources (a minimum of 2).
• Information sources are properly formatted using APA on a reference page and in in-text citations
(Grammar & Mechanics) 10 points
• Sentences are clear, well-articulated, and free from grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.