the subject this is on is of Social Work : this would be a diagnosis paper the reference page is not included in the 6 pages. if paper is turned in late or failure to fully follow instructions there will be a deduction of payment. i will provide 6 articles or books to help jump start the search for references and an example of what this paper should look like and finally a list of notes on different theories listed in the instructions below. The chosen intervention episode is the link below please follow the specific instructions . also please identify the concepts within each theory you have chosen to use
The chosen Intervention episode is the following link
TERM PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Written Assignments: All written assignments for this course must be word-processed or typed. No hand written submissions will be accepted. Assignments must be double spaced, a size 12 font, with one-inch margins, stapled in the upper left-hand corner. Do not use plastic or other folders. This assignment will be graded as to content and writing. Due May 6th.
Assignment: In a 4-6-page paper, follow the instructions and answer each of the following questions:
1) Watch an episode of the television show Intervention on www.aetv.com or www.youtube.com. Briefly describe one of the addict’s story and circumstances. Based on the addict’s personal story, the information provided by significant others, and your overall observations of the episode, relate at least 2 of the theoretical models of addiction to this person’s life. In your paper, write about each of the models of addiction one at a time, creating a heading for each model, specifically relating them to what you observed and heard from the addict. What aspects or key concepts of the various models or theories of addiction are illustrated in this addict’s life? Connect at least 2 key concepts of the model to the person’s addiction.
You may use any of the following models: Disease Model, Psychoanalytic Model, Behavioral Model, Cognitive Model, Self-Medication Model, Family Systems Theory, Ego Psychology Model, Object-Relations Model
You may also use hybrid models such as Cognitive-Behavioral Model and Bandura’s Social Learning Model (which is a combination of cognitive, behavioral, and social models), but once you use these hybrid models, you may not use the component models separately. For example, you cannot write about Social Learning Model, and then also write about Cognitive Model. Furthermore, if you write about Self-Medication model, you may not also write about Ego Psychology Model, as they are very similar.
2) Cite literature that deals with the different models or theories. Use at least 3 different references in your paper. (This does not include multiple references from the same source.)
3) How did this person’s description of his/her substance usage manifest a substance use disorder according to DSM-V criteria? Be specific in citing DSM-V criteria in your diagnosis. If you do not have enough information, do not make up facts. Simply state what information is lacking, or what would need more corroboration.
DSM-V Substance-Use Disorder Criteria
A. A maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by 2 (or more) of the following, occurring within a 12-month period:
1. Recurrent substance use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home (e.g., repeated absences or poor work performance related to substance use; substance-related absences, suspensions, or expulsions from school; neglect of children or household).
2. Recurrent substance use in situations in which it is physically hazardous (e.g., driving an automobile or operating a machine when impaired by substance use).
3. Continued substance use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of the substance (e.g., arguments with spouse about consequences of intoxication, physical fights).
4. Tolerance, as defined by either of the following:
a. a need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect.
b. markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of the substance (Note: Tolerance is not counted for those taking medications under medical supervision such as analgesics, antidepressants, ant-anxiety medications or beta-blockers).
5. Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:
a. the characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance (refer to Criteria A and B of the criteria sets for Withdrawal from the specific substances).
b. the same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms (Note: Withdrawal is not counted for those taking medications under medical supervision such as analgesics, antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications or beta-blockers).
6. The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.
7. There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.
8. A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the substance, use the substance, or recover from its effects.
9. Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use.
10. The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance.
11. Craving or a strong desire or urge to use a specific substance.
Moderate: 2-3 criteria positive
Severe: 4 or more criteria positive
With Physiological Dependence: evidence of tolerance or withdrawal (i.e., either Item 4 or 5 is present)
Without Physiological Dependence: no evidence of tolerance or withdrawal (i.e., neither Item 4 nor 5 is present)
Course specifiers (see text for definitions):
Early Full Remission Early Partial Remission
Sustained Full Remission Sustained Partial Remission
On Agonist Therapy In a Controlled Environment
Length of time of being in remission Amount of symptoms
Early – less than 12 months Partial – some symptoms present but not all
Sustained – 12 months or more Full – No signs or symptoms
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download