the subject this is on is of Social Work : this would be a diagnosis paper the reference page is not included in the 6 pages. if paper is turned in late or failure to fully follow instructions there will be a deduction of payment. i will provide 6 articles or books to help jump start the search for references and an example of what this paper should look like and finally a list of notes on different theories listed in the instructions below. The chosen intervention episode is the link below please follow the specific instructions . also please identify the concepts within each theory you have chosen to use
The chosen Intervention episode is the following link
TERM PAPER ASSIGNMENT
Written Assignments: All written assignments for this course must be word-processed or typed. No hand written submissions will be accepted. Assignments must be double spaced, a size 12 font, with one-inch margins, stapled in the upper left-hand corner. Do not use plastic or other folders. This assignment will be graded as to content and writing. Due May 6th.
Assignment: In a 4-6-page paper, follow the instructions and answer each of the following questions:
1) Watch an episode of the television show Intervention on www.aetv.com or www.youtube.com. Briefly describe one of the addict’s story and circumstances. Based on the addict’s personal story, the information provided by significant others, and your overall observations of the episode, relate at least 2 of the theoretical models of addiction to this person’s life. In your paper, write about each of the models of addiction one at a time, creating a heading for each model, specifically relating them to what you observed and heard from the addict. What aspects or key concepts of the various models or theories of addiction are illustrated in this addict’s life? Connect at least 2 key concepts of the model to the person’s addiction.
You may use any of the following models: Disease Model, Psychoanalytic Model, Behavioral Model, Cognitive Model, Self-Medication Model, Family Systems Theory, Ego Psychology Model, Object-Relations Model
You may also use hybrid models such as Cognitive-Behavioral Model and Bandura’s Social Learning Model (which is a combination of cognitive, behavioral, and social models), but once you use these hybrid models, you may not use the component models separately. For example, you cannot write about Social Learning Model, and then also write about Cognitive Model. Furthermore, if you write about Self-Medication model, you may not also write about Ego Psychology Model, as they are very similar.
2) Cite literature that deals with the different models or theories. Use at least 3 different references in your paper. (This does not include multiple references from the same source.)
3) How did this person’s description of his/her substance usage manifest a substance use disorder according to DSM-V criteria? Be specific in citing DSM-V criteria in your diagnosis. If you do not have enough information, do not make up facts. Simply state what information is lacking, or what would need more corroboration.
DSM-V Substance-Use Disorder Criteria
A. A maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress, as manifested by 2 (or more) of the following, occurring within a 12-month period:
1. Recurrent substance use resulting in a failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home (e.g., repeated absences or poor work performance related to substance use; substance-related absences, suspensions, or expulsions from school; neglect of children or household).
2. Recurrent substance use in situations in which it is physically hazardous (e.g., driving an automobile or operating a machine when impaired by substance use).
3. Continued substance use despite having persistent or recurrent social or interpersonal problems caused or exacerbated by the effects of the substance (e.g., arguments with spouse about consequences of intoxication, physical fights).
4. Tolerance, as defined by either of the following:
a. a need for markedly increased amounts of the substance to achieve intoxication or desired effect.
b. markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of the substance (Note: Tolerance is not counted for those taking medications under medical supervision such as analgesics, antidepressants, ant-anxiety medications or beta-blockers).
5. Withdrawal, as manifested by either of the following:
a. the characteristic withdrawal syndrome for the substance (refer to Criteria A and B of the criteria sets for Withdrawal from the specific substances).
b. the same (or a closely related) substance is taken to relieve or avoid withdrawal symptoms (Note: Withdrawal is not counted for those taking medications under medical supervision such as analgesics, antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications or beta-blockers).
6. The substance is often taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.
7. There is a persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control substance use.
8. A great deal of time is spent in activities necessary to obtain the substance, use the substance, or recover from its effects.
9. Important social, occupational, or recreational activities are given up or reduced because of substance use.
10. The substance use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem that is likely to have been caused or exacerbated by the substance.
11. Craving or a strong desire or urge to use a specific substance.
Moderate: 2-3 criteria positive
Severe: 4 or more criteria positive
With Physiological Dependence: evidence of tolerance or withdrawal (i.e., either Item 4 or 5 is present)
Without Physiological Dependence: no evidence of tolerance or withdrawal (i.e., neither Item 4 nor 5 is present)
Course specifiers (see text for definitions):
Early Full Remission Early Partial Remission
Sustained Full Remission Sustained Partial Remission
On Agonist Therapy In a Controlled Environment
Length of time of being in remission Amount of symptoms
Early – less than 12 months Partial – some symptoms present but not all
Sustained – 12 months or more Full – No signs or symptoms
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.