Your paper should present an argument in response to your choice from the prompts below. That is, this is not to be a descriptive paper that summarizes the texts. It should have clearly connected points in support of your argument. Your reader should be able to follow these points easily and understand how each connects to your larger argument.
You are required to incorporate one outside source relevant to the topic or theme you choose. This must be from a reliable publication: a newspaper, magazine, journal, or book. It may be electronic or print. You will cite this source in MLA or APA format and include it (with your two class texts) in a Works Cited list at the end of your paper.
Choose one essay prompt and follow the instructions below. Do not rewrite the question at the top of your paper. Remember to create a strong, critical argument of your own.
Option One: Using the following three texts, discuss the ethics of using social media in higher education. You should have an argument for your paper.
Texts: Audrey Watters, “A Hippocratic Oath for Ed-Tech”; Stathopoulou et. al, “A Multi-stakeholder View of Social Media as a Supporting Tool in Higher Education”; and ONE outside source (see above criteria).
Option Two: Using the following three texts, discuss what you believe is the key (meaning one) ethical question to be considered when choosing EdTech tools.
Texts: Audrey Watters, “A Hippocratic Oath for Ed-Tech”; Tressie McMillan Cottom, “Rethinking the Context of Edtech”; and ONE outside source (see above criteria).
• You must follow the guidelines below. This includes using MLA or APA style for any citations. (Choose one and be consistent throughout the paper)
• You must have a title. This title should give readers an idea of your essay’s focus/argument.
• You must include ONE outside source in addition to the two chosen from class.
Organizing your paper:
1) In the opening paragraph, this paper should have a strong, critical argument that goes beyond surface observations. Introduce the texts the paper will analyze.
*Tip 1: Identify the texts you are analyzing and explain the impact or consequences your argument will have for your readers. Be careful to avoid generalizations and stereotypes!
2) The subsequent (body) paragraphs should analyze specific passages from your texts to demonstrate how you’ve arrived at your argument and interpretations.
*Tip 2: Analyze don’t summarize! This is not a book report. Make points throughout the paper that relate to your argument using keywords from your opening paragraph.
3) You will need to incorporate direct quotations from the texts you analyze. These quotes MUST follow MLA or APA citation style. For information on citations, please consult your writing guide or visit the Purdue OWL (http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/).
*Tip 3: Do not allow quotations to overwhelm your paper! For any direct quotation you include, make sure to write an ANALYSIS of the passage that is roughly double the length of the quotation itself.
4) A Works Cited or References list is required. Please consult your writing guide or the Purdue OWL for instructions on formatting.
5) Use 12 point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins all around. Be sure to include a title and page numbers. Proofread your paper paying attention to sentence mechanics, consistent syntax, style, and grammar.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download