ENG107 Major Writing Assignment #1- Rhetorical Analysis of Science Blogs
Length: 4 – 5 pages double-spaced
Resources: Writing Science in the Twenty-first Century & class notes. Grading Rubric in syllabus.
Technical: MLA or APA Style conventions – complete with Works Cited (MLA) or References (APA)
Content: Purpose – Using the 6 Categories of Rhetorical Analysis and Planning from Ch. 1 “Writing to Reach Readers,” and the 8 Rhetorical Features of science journalism in Ch. 9 “Science Blogs – New Readers, New Voices, New Tools” as your guide, you will choose 2 STEM blogs and write an analysis. Your audience is our Writer’s Community. Reading the text thoroughly and taking good notes during class discussions will assist you a great deal in planning and writing this paper. Use this assignment guideline as a worksheet. You will NOT turn the worksheet in.
For your reference below, define the 6 Categories of Rhetorical Analysis & Planning from our textbook.
• Intended Readers
• Order of Information
• Types of Evidence
• Style & Tone
• Graphic Presentation – and the Changing Definition of Writing
Add the definitions for the 8 Rhetorical Features of Science Journalism below. Note: 3 of the 8 – Purpose, Intended Readers, Style and Tone are already defined above.
• Argumentation, including evidence
• Organization & Navigation
• Use of Visual & Aural Media
For this Rhetorical Analysis you will:
• Search the internet for 2 STEM blogs. Choose 1 Stand-alone and 1 Sponsored by a publication or organization to focus on in your analysis.
• Begin with a brief introductory paragraph explaining what your analysis is about and your “plan” or purpose for your reader. Your audience is our community of writers. Explain your criteria for choosing the particular blogs in your analysis: Why did you choose these particular blogs? How did you establish your parameters?
• Organize your body paragraphs with clear subheadings/sections for each blog and the rhetorical terms you apply in bold font. Give a brief definition of each term you use. Cite our class text. Use P.E.A.L. to Identify and discuss – Analyze – in your writing where you see evidence of any/all of the 6 Categories of Rhetorical Analysis & Planning and 8 Rhetorical Features of Science Journalism. You may not see evidence of each and every rhetorical aspect – but be clear in your analysis which ones you do see and match your choice with direct quotes from the blog.
• Remember to focus on the rhetorical moves of the blog writer rather than on the subject matter. Do they have an audience in mind? Comment on the effectiveness of (or lack of) strategies in the blogs and on whether the writer understands the reader’s needs. Add a sentence or two at the end of each analysis section where you see each blog could be refined based on the rhetorical structures we’ve studied.
• Conclude your entire Rhetorical Analysis with a summary of what your analysis accomplished and why this close and critical examination is important – or not.
• Finally, include a Works Cited or References page (never included in page count). Include entries for your 2 analyzed blogs and our class textbook. For more information on Rhetorical Analysis of Science Blogs see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric_of_science
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.