To conduct research on a topic related to communication and media. An important part of the process of social science inquiry is reporting the results of your research. You have a responsibility to do this in a formal, structured written report that will be evaluated by your instructor according to a set of rubrics similar to those used to evaluate such works by journals for publication (only, not as strict!).
Research Report Tasks (summative assessment):
The Research Report should be prepared in strict accordance with the current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association accessible via: http://www.apastyle.org. Sexist language is prohibited, including gendered pronouns.
If done individually, the expected length of your Research Report is 2,400-2,500 words (about 9-10 full A4 pages, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font) excluding title page & references. Set uniform margins of at least 1-inch (2.54 cm) on the top, bottom, left, and right of every page. Subject to instructor approval, you may elect to work as a group (not to exceed 3 students) for which the word-count increases to 3,500-4,500.
Use your word-processing software to add a header that will appear at the top of every page that includes the report title (everything before the colon!) and the page number. The header appears within the top margin, not below it.
You are allowed (encouraged!) to use tables, graphs and charts in reporting your findings, but no more than four (4) and no larger than half a page in size—tables, graphs and charts will NOT be included in the Research Report’s word-count.
Your Research Report should have the following content and section headings in the specified order as presented below (note: no table of contents required):
A. Title and Title Page:
Title should identify the study’s variables and/or theoretical issues under investigation and relationship between them. On the title page include all authors and their affiliation (in this case, each student’s specialization).
The Influence of Social Networking Sites on Political Behavior: Modeling Political Involvement via Online and Offline Activity
Tonghoon Kim, Doctoral Candidate, Dept. of Communication, University of Connecticut
David J. Atkin, Professor, Dept. of Communication, University of Connecticut
Carolyn A. Lin, Professor, Dept. of Communication, University of Connecticut
B. Abstract: Write an abstract of approximately 100 words. It should be included on the same page as the title page but below author(s). The abstract should:
• Summarize the study’s focus and intent.
• Identify the problem under investigation
• Identify the study participants and/or observations and sample size or number of observations
• Identify the data/information gathering procedures and research design
• Identify the major findings
• Identify the conclusions and implications of the study
C. Introduction: Write an introduction that includes:
• Importance of the problem (theoretical &/or practical implications)
• Review of relevant scholarship (your study’s relation to previous work; i.e., your literature review)
• Specific research questions and/or hypotheses and/or objectives
• How research questions and/or hypotheses and research design relate to one another
D. Method: The method must:
• Include a description of the participant and/or observation(s) characteristics including eligibility and exclusion criteria and major demographic and/or descriptive characteristics.
• Explain how sample size was determined and what sampling procedures were used for selecting participants and/or observations.
• Explain what was the intended sample size and the actual sample size if different from intended.
• Explain the type of research instrument and/or procedure used, how was it used and in what setting/location.
• Explain how ethical standards were met.
E. Results: The research results must include:
• Total number of participants and/or observations and dates defining the period of data collection.
• Information concerning problems with quantitative and/or qualitative assumptions and/or data distributions that could affect validity of findings.
• Statistical software program used and/or means of analyzing qualitative data.
• Report all analyses performed and describe the results.
F. Discussion: The discussion includes:
• A statement of support or nonsupport of all original research questions and/or hypotheses and/or objectives. Distinguish between primary and secondary research questions and/or hypotheses and any post hoc qualitative explanations.
• Similarities and differences between result and the work of others (from your literature review).
• Sources of potential bias and/or other threats to internal validity.
• Limitations and/or identifiable post hoc weaknesses of the study.
• Generalizability (external validity) of the findings, taking into account the target population and/or other contextual issues related to understanding the communication topic under examination.
• Concluding paragraph, discussing implications for possible future research.
G. References: All works cited in the Research Report are to be listed in alphabetical order in APA Style with a hanging indent, single-spaced, with a line break between references.
Write the paper well (check your grammar, spelling & punctuation). Work from an outline!
I will upload files and please use the files that I will upload to write the research paper also off course. you can use outside sources but please focus in the files that I will attache.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download