I want you to write about how Marxist theory applied in Harry Potter movies. below you will find everything about the assignment.
Literary Theory & Criticism
Assignment: Research Paper
Prepare for a research project that derives from our class discussions and the theoretical topics we touched upon. Think of the schools of theory that we covered and use them as the base of your research project. The focus, being theory, can take any of the following manifestations:
• Application of theory to text (art, music, novel, movie, etc): Analyze a work of art from the perspective of a theoretical concept or argument we presented in class (i.e. Analyze the relationship between base and superstructure, from a Marxist perspective, on a novel)
• Analysis of theoretical argument: Debate a certain theory and argue for its validity, its points of strength and weaknesses. (i.e. Discuss Butler’s performativity and present its strengths or weaknesses)
• Comparative theoretical study: Examine a certain theoretical concept, tracing it with different theorists and critics from our course, seeing how it came into being, or comparing it to similar trends. (i.e. look into imitation as presented in Plato, tracing it through Deleuze and Guattari)
This is a research paper, so unlike the R&Rs you gave been preparing, this is not a matter of opinion, but that of research. You need to use at least 5 secondary sources for your paper. If you are applying Zizek to Frankenstein, then Zizek and Frankenstein are your primary texts. If you are debating Bhabha’s hybridity, then Bhabha is your primary text.
Your secondary sources are articles and/or books that assist you in your research focus, that validate your argument, that support your discussion, and that gives strength to your research.
This Assignment is made of 3 parts:
• Research Paper Proposal: 10% due 18 May 2020
o submit a 1-page proposal that includes your thesis statement, how you will argue for it using at least 3 supporting ideas, and the list of secondary sources you will be using. This can either be in essay form or as an outline.
• Research Paper: 20% due 27 May 2020
o After approval of your proposal, submit an 8-page paper (2400-3200 words)
focused on theory, as explained above.
Grading Rubric Available on Moodle
Paper Writing Guidelines:
Introduction (general to specific)
• Begin an introduction with a general discussion surrounding your topic, then narrow
this discussion down until you reach your main focus.
• Present your main focus in a thesis statement of one sentence in which you present
your main argument and how you will pursue it in the following paragraphs.
• An introduction starts with general statements and gradually reaches a specific one
concerning your thesis.
Conclusion (specific to general)
• End your paper with a conclusion that begins with a clear restatement of how you
proved your main argument (but rephrase it so you will not end up repeating your thesis statement), followed by a few sentences that explain the importance of your paper in general.
• This is where you summarize your main arguments, presenting them in a more general light than you did within the actual paper.
• A conclusion starts with a specific summary of your thesis and gradually reaches a general discussion.
• Divide your ideas into paragraphs.
• Introduction and conclusion each need their separate paragraphs.
• Try to ensure that your paragraphs do not run too long (longer than one page) or too
short (shorter than three sentences)
• Each paragraph should focus on one main idea.
• No personal/moral statements. Avoid the use of “I” in academic papers. Moral
messages are also frowned upon in academic writing.
• Originality. Make sure that the paper depends mostly on your own thoughts and
ideas, not made mostly of quotations and paraphrases from your sources.
• Spacing. Leave one space after, and none before, all punctuation marks. With
parentheses, brackets and quotation marks, leave no spaces within parentheses, brackets, and quotation marks. (Robert Frost wrote “The Road Not Taken” in 1920.)
Edit. Edit. Edit.
Always proofread your paper. Allow yourself a day or so to distance yourself from your writing before reading again. More preferably, have a classmate read your paper to ensure clarity of thought and consistency of presentation.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download