DR. KUMBIRAL KHOSA
APRIL- 7- 2020
Reflection Essay English
“The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Question: What has this course taught you about the dangers of stereotypical, one-dimensional, marginalized Black representations in film?
How does the fact that Black actors and filmmakers, especially women, tend to be underrepresented in the dominant American film industry, contribute to this persistence of a single story?
Required additional viewing: Adichie TedTalk on the danger of a single story
• You must use at least two films that we have covered in this course to address the question, in addition to the TedTalk. You may not use more than four films monsters ball, set if off, birth of a nation, boyz in the hood
READING- BELL HOOKS AND OPPOSITINAL GAZE, CRITICAL RACE THEROY.
• Each paragraph must be at least 5 sentences long.
• You may incorporate material from your response essays, your viewing responses, and your reading responses.
• This is your personal reflection, so you may make “I” statements and address your personal reactions to the films we viewed and the issues we covered in the course.
• However, you must still provide substantiating evidence and examples from your readings, viewings, and your understanding of the theoretical frameworks that we have covered.
• You are not required to provide in-text citations, but you should clearly reference the authors, speakers, or directors that you are using as examples in your essay, as well as the titles of the films that you are referring to. Film titles should be typed in italicized font.
• You must use academic, professional writing—no casual language, curse words, or other non-academic English usage
• Your essay should use MLA specifications—double spaced, Times New Roman 12 font.
• Essays that are plagiarized will receive a zero grade, no questions asked.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download