A reading reflection is a short response to a question about topics from the readings. You may also mention what you learned in lectures, but the focus should be primarily the readings to show your comprehension of them and your ability to interpret what you’ve learned. Reading reflections give you the chance to bring your knowledge, understanding, and feelings on a theme or topic from the class more clearly into focus and to express your ideas clearly and succinctly.
Reading reflections consist of two elements: a response and a question.
–> Be sure to include both parts A and B in your paper.
A. Narrative response: Select and respond to one of the questions provided below, observing the following guidelines:
1. Environmental historian Donald Worster proposes a three-tiered framework for understanding social and environmental change. Use Worster’s framework to explain why the “levees only” approach to water resource management was an essential factor shaping the Hurricane Katrina disaster that struck New Orleans. Be specific in identifying at least one element that fits into each of Worster’s three categories (e.g., environmental conditions or processes at the ‘natural’ level; social institutions and relations at the societal level; and specific ideas at the cultural level), and explain how each interacted with the others to set the stage for human and environmental catastrophe.
2. Drawing on Campanella’s article, explain how the development of an extensive water management infrastructure in and around New Orleans beginning in the early twentieth century has shaped spatial patterns of segregation and differential exposure to the risk of flooding between European American and African American residents of New Orleans. Use at least one specific area or neighborhood in which these patterns have been evident as an example.
Your response should be in the form of an essay question, including the following elements:
1. Thesis statement (1-2 sentences)
2. A well reasoned argument (two or three paragraphs)
3. Topic sentences at the beginning of each paragraph
4. A conclusion (1-3 sentences)
– Respond to the question you select based primarily on readings; when applicable lectures have been given, refer to them also. There is no need to draw from outside material, though you may do so minimally.
– Be sure to actually answer the question(s) in the prompt that you choose; do not simply discuss the topic referenced in the question(s).
– Also be sure to indicate which prompt you’re answering.
– Your personal opinions and feelings about the material are important, and you are strongly encouraged to express these in the assignment, though you should ground your arguments in the readings.
For instance, you may:
1. Relate issues and themes to contemporary social, environmental, or political topics about which you feel strongly.
2. Explore your feelings about the issues raised in terms of personal experiences.
3. Comment on the ethical implications of the issues addressed by the question.
B. A question: This part is separate and unrelated to part A above. Write a brief (ideally one sentence) question concerning recent readings. Your question should pertain to something that you are uncertain or curious about and would like to discuss in class.
I’ve attached screenshots of sample reading reflections from past students who took this class. I’ve also attached the 2 articles ( Campanella‘s and Worster’s) to respond to one of the two prompts. I have also attached lecture slides that can be used for the reading reflection. the lecture slide ‘state of the biosphere’ and ‘env history in new orleans’ will help for the Worster article and the ‘katrina disaster’ and ‘in the low ground’ will help for the Campanella article.
Campanella, Richard. “An Ethnic Geography of New Orleans.” Journal of American History, 94
(Dec. 2007): 704–715. Online: http://archive.oah.org/special-
issues/katrina/Campanella.html (be sure to click on the maps to enlarge them, and
explore the “threads” and the Media tab at the top). Further resources (recommended):
Worster, Donald. “Doing environmental history,” in Merchant, Major Problems, 2–9.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.