MEAD Project Proposal Ideas – Round #2
Overview: As students, you have engaged in a series of activities called “Public Anthropology” this semester. These activities – your readings, assignments, and discussions – were inspired by Margaret Mead’s foundational engagement with wider publics, and not just with other anthropologists. Our thinking and approach are also based on departmental outcomes and principals outlined below.
Objective: Communicate an empirical, holistic, and contextualized anthropological approach to a broader public debate or problem in the form of an empirically and holistically based “question”.
Outcome: A MEAD Talk, MEAD object, or multimedia approach that effectively communicates the anthropological engagement to a wider debate, question, or issue.
The ULTIMATE Assignment: Your ultimate goal is to create your own MEAD Project; this is the “proposal” stage. A MEAD Project is a public presentation to a non-specialist audience on a topic of critical import. It is not an original “research” paper or project. Rather, it is drawing from anthropological research and evidence to re-present the importance and significance of anthropological discourses and data using a multi-subfield approach (archaeology/material culture, bio-physical, linguistic, cultural, medical). You may see examples of previous MEAD Projects.
In other words, these projects are designed to insert your collective anthropological wisdom into a wider public debate, illustrating the critical import and unique ability of anthropological data and discourses to address the broad and existential concerns of humanity. Some potential formats include:
1. Film/YouTube Video
2. interactive Documentary, Creating a “mystery” or explorer game/experience
3. Podcast, TED Talk
4. Museum display
6. Theorizing an Immersive Experience (Theme Park, Virtual World, Video Game)
7. Written work (a series of letters, blogs, white papers, business plans, grant applications)
Your MEAD projects should be something you can “take with you;” something that you can be proud of and show to potential employers, graduate schools, or use again in the future.
FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT: In one post of appx. 500 words, and building from your initial thoughts write-up and subsequent group discussion in class, answer the following questions in the format of a project proposal
1. What broad topic will you engage with your public anthropology project? What specific issue or project that you are committed to (i.e. your “Big Idea” or a human/social issue about which you feel strongly)? Answer this by discussing and exemplifying the “broad” (i.e. Diversity & Inclusion) as well as potential “specifics” (i.e. “social stratification through the built environment, “race” issues at college through public discourses, etc). NOTE: This will be refined from last week’s assignment.
2. You should include SPECIFIC references to at least ONE+ SPECIFIC CASE STUDIES OR EXAMPLES you want to engage (cite where appropriate).
3. What format or portfolio object have you chosen (i.e. video, Ted talk, museum display, white/policy paper, podcast)? Why and how does your topic lend itself well to your chosen format, especially considering public consumption of your work?
ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT THIS: What is your topic and why is it crucial, give empirical evidence, what is your proposed structure and format? THIS SHOULD BE SUBSTANTIVELY DIFFERENT FROM YOUR “INITIAL THOUGHTS” POST.
The Short Activities Rubric will be used to grade this exercise.
1. Anthropological Perspectives (1) Exhibits awareness and understanding of ethnocentrism, cultural relativity, contexts, and power in all activities;
2. Course Concepts & Examples (1) Directly and appropriately utilizes course terminology in all writing and activities; Describes and utilizes appropriate examples from course materials (readings, films, individual fieldwork, media sources);
3. Follows Instructions & Puts in Effort (3) Is this a compare/contrast discussion? Did you find outside sources if required? Were you supposed to upload an image? Follow the directions!! And put in some effort. For more information on Public Anthropology visit this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_anthropology
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.