The purpose of this assignment is to think about the speech as a whole.
Write a paper (a) describing, (b) analyzing and (c) evaluating a speech. Each analysis paper
should be written in essay format. Papers should be a minimum of 2-3 pages (APA Format,
double spaced, Times New Roman 12-point Font, 1-inch margins). I’ll grade you on content and
how well you understand the course material covered in Barry Brummett’s textbook, your
reasoning, and how well you synthesize material, as well as grammar and mechanics.
In the introductory paragraph briefly explain who is speaking and why.
In the body of the analysis, include:
• the context of the event;
• an explanation of the speech’s historical background;
• an explanation of the primary and secondary audiences of the speech; and an explanation
of the structure of the speech.
• What information is used? Facts? Opinions? Inferences?
• Is the information adequate to meet the needs of the audience?
• Who is the audience? Analyze at least three strategies used by the speaker to meet the
needs of the audience at the event (audience analysis).
• Is this an example, as per Chapters 1 and 2 in Rhetoric in Popular Culture, of a discrete
or diffuse text?
• Evaluate the success of the event; what the purpose of the speech was; if the speakers’
purpose was achieved and how do you know if it was achieved.
In the conclusion, discuss what you took away from the speech. How did the speaker affect you?
What did you take away from the speech? It’s okay if the speech didn’t move you or you thought
it terrible; however, it’s your duty to explain why.
REMEMBER: You must cite Brummett to get full credit.
Finally, do not merely summarize the speech. I’ve watched it. I’ve listened to it. Answer the
questions. Use crisp topic sentences at the top of each paragraph making an argument you will
defend in that paragraph using Brummett.
Turnitin.com Assignment Submission Guidelines
**Submit your paper to TURNITIN.COM and Grademark Through the Blackboard
• Review the detailed Turnitin instructions on how to submit your assignments and how to
review the Grademark comments (feedback) from your professor.
• All written assignments must be submitted to Turnitin Dropboxes by the posted deadline.
Assignments submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
• Turnitin drop boxes will be available within the Assignment Dropbox link off the course tools
menu on the left hand side of the page within Blackboard.
• Within one week after the assignment’s deadline has passed, you will receive written feedback
on your assignment. The written comments on your assignment are accessible using the
GradeMark function within your assignment submission.
• Late submissions excused with a doctor’s note will only be accepted for a maximum of two
days past deadline.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download