Suggestions for improvement below:
Title: It would be great to incorporate something which reflects your IPA methodology in the title. So perhaps something like ‘Exploring the lived experience of parenting a child with a diagnosis of ADHD’.
– You need references for the paragraph in which you talk about the genetic link.
– You need to provide a date for the McCubbin reference.
– In your research question, you refer to “ADHD children” – just be mindful to word your writing sensitively – this would read much better as ‘children with a diagnosis of ADHD’.
– IPA doesn’t aim to clarify a ‘link’ ?
– You say that the approach is relevant for this qual study – I’m not sure what this sentence means and why you have referenced someone at the end of it? The approach is the qual study – did you mean IPA is the correct qual methodology, or the qual IPA methodology is appropriate for the research question?
Your aim here is to explain why qual and why IPA – expand upon your focus on the lived, subjective experience.
– If you are using your own social media pages, you do not need permission.
– You need to actually write out your recruitment advertisement verbatim on your ethics form. What exactly will you say?
– For your rationale for recruiting 6 participants, it would be good to include an IPA reference – i.e. somewhere in the literature where it says that 6 is a suitable number for this level of research.
– Why is the period since receiving the diagnosis important? Do participants need to have received the diagnosis a certain amount of time ago? How did you decide upon parents must have lived with the child for at least 2 years?
– Have you considered any other exclusion criteria? For example – have you thought about if parents have a formal mental health diagnosis? The topic you are discussing is of a sensitive nature – parents with a formal mental health diagnosis may be at higher risk of potentially experiencing distress as a result of taking part?
– It would be good to refer to the interview schedule which you have added as an appendix, in this section.
– You will also need a recorder and given the current circumstances, a laptop/computer to conduct an online interview – you need to outline this.
– I’m not sure what you mean by ‘online interview schedule technique’? My understanding is you will use a software such as Zoom or Skype to conduct interviews online?
– I’m not sure what you mean by ‘ethically- oriented’?
– You need to outline your procedure in greater detail – what will you do every step of the way? This includes from recruitment, all the way through.
– The title of your study needs to be consistent throughout. The title written here appears different to the one at the start of the form and the one on the debrief form.
– Make sure you fill in the name of investigator/supervisor sections.
– What is a ‘simulation session’?
– In the consent form you need to outline much more clearly how you will protect participants confidentiality – i.e. data protection act, using pseudonyms, anonymisation etc. You also need to clearly state the participant’s right to withdraw without any consequence to them and without having to explain why.
– Participants will not be “sent” a debrief, participants will be debriefed – explain what this means.
– Make sure you fill in the name/email of investigator/supervisor sections.
– The first question may be better placed slightly later in the interview when some rapport has been developed – it is a very exploratory, open-ended question.
– You have put bullet points but then included several questions for each bullet point – these are all separate questions.
– Be careful with your wording throughout:
Bullet point 3 – the second question – I think you may have missed a word/words out here as I’m not sure it makes sense as it stands?
Bullet point 3 – the fourth question – This needs to be worded much more sensitively, don’t refer to “the kid” and “needed some help” is assumptive.
Bullet point 4 – Who is “beloved one” referring to? I think this is ambiguous?
Bullet point 6 – It is assumptive to refer to the child as “him”
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download