Pick one of the topics below and write a research paper about it. Must include reference to at least 3 readings from the syllabus, and 3 additional articles (or a book).
The idea is for you to delve into a topic of your choosing, while relating it back to central ideas presented in the course.
Present an evaluation of a particular treatment: What are its scientific bases? What tools have been used to assess it? What components of ASD does it treat well, and which aspects of the lives of individuals with ASD and their families/caregivers does it fail to address?
2. Compare ASD with another mental disorder: how do biology and culture interact to shape the disorder? In what ways is ASD similar/different from this other disorder?
3. Examine autism in a particular cultural (or ethnic) context: What are the prevalence rates? What are the barriers to diagnosis and care? What treatments/interventions have been tested in this context?
4. Present a critical reading of an autobiography of a person with ASD, or a body of art, poems etc (e.g., Temple Grandin, Donna Williams, Tito Mukhopadhyay). The autobiography will count instead of the 3 additional required readings. In what ways does their description fit with existing theories and findings? In what ways is their experience unique, or goes beyond existing research? In what ways have advancements in diagnosis and treatment impacted their life? I recommend reading one of the autobiographies listed here (under Autistic authors): http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/p/resources.html
5. Empirical study: conduct an interview with an individual with ASD, or conduct an ethnographic observation of individuals with autism – in what ways are their views and behaviors similar/different from those in scientific descriptions? How do they view their identity? What are their challenges? What are their strengths? Relate these to the course readings.
6. Present a review of 3 recent empirical papers in ASD on a topic of your choosing – on biology, psychology, culture etc.
Title page; Main text – 5 pages of double-spaced 12-point font text (strict limit); References (no page limit). All pages should have regular, 1” margins.
Suggested breakdown of your 5 main pages of text:
1. Introduction (1/2 to 1 page): What topic will you be addressing? What is known? What is yet unknown (your questions)? What will the paper set out to do?
2. Pages ~2-4: Sections 1-3, sub-topics relating to the larger topic (~1 page each).
a. ABA therapies: a) history; b) current usage and impact; c) critiques
b. Comparison with ADHD: a) definitions and comorbidity; b) comparison of psychological functions; c) comparison of brain and genetic functions
3. Page 5: Summary and Conclusion (1/2 -1 page): First, repeat the main points in the paper (A, B, and C) – if you feel like you’re repeating yourself, that’s ok. It helps the reader recap what they just read by highlighting the important point, and will help them better retain it in memory. Discussion: after having read and summarized others’ paper, add your own concluding thoughts and personal perspective – what has the research left unresolved? Where do you think the study should focus next?
It may be helpful for you to include sub-headings for each section you introduce, but these are optional.
APA formatting is required. For more information see separate guidelines and handout on Moodle.
You must submit your paper in MS Word. No PDF files accepted.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.