Pick one of the topics below and write a research paper about it. Must include reference to at least 3 readings from the syllabus, and 3 additional articles (or a book).
The idea is for you to delve into a topic of your choosing, while relating it back to central ideas presented in the course.
Present an evaluation of a particular treatment: What are its scientific bases? What tools have been used to assess it? What components of ASD does it treat well, and which aspects of the lives of individuals with ASD and their families/caregivers does it fail to address?
2. Compare ASD with another mental disorder: how do biology and culture interact to shape the disorder? In what ways is ASD similar/different from this other disorder?
3. Examine autism in a particular cultural (or ethnic) context: What are the prevalence rates? What are the barriers to diagnosis and care? What treatments/interventions have been tested in this context?
4. Present a critical reading of an autobiography of a person with ASD, or a body of art, poems etc (e.g., Temple Grandin, Donna Williams, Tito Mukhopadhyay). The autobiography will count instead of the 3 additional required readings. In what ways does their description fit with existing theories and findings? In what ways is their experience unique, or goes beyond existing research? In what ways have advancements in diagnosis and treatment impacted their life? I recommend reading one of the autobiographies listed here (under Autistic authors): http://www.thinkingautismguide.com/p/resources.html
5. Empirical study: conduct an interview with an individual with ASD, or conduct an ethnographic observation of individuals with autism – in what ways are their views and behaviors similar/different from those in scientific descriptions? How do they view their identity? What are their challenges? What are their strengths? Relate these to the course readings.
6. Present a review of 3 recent empirical papers in ASD on a topic of your choosing – on biology, psychology, culture etc.
Title page; Main text – 5 pages of double-spaced 12-point font text (strict limit); References (no page limit). All pages should have regular, 1” margins.
Suggested breakdown of your 5 main pages of text:
1. Introduction (1/2 to 1 page): What topic will you be addressing? What is known? What is yet unknown (your questions)? What will the paper set out to do?
2. Pages ~2-4: Sections 1-3, sub-topics relating to the larger topic (~1 page each).
a. ABA therapies: a) history; b) current usage and impact; c) critiques
b. Comparison with ADHD: a) definitions and comorbidity; b) comparison of psychological functions; c) comparison of brain and genetic functions
3. Page 5: Summary and Conclusion (1/2 -1 page): First, repeat the main points in the paper (A, B, and C) – if you feel like you’re repeating yourself, that’s ok. It helps the reader recap what they just read by highlighting the important point, and will help them better retain it in memory. Discussion: after having read and summarized others’ paper, add your own concluding thoughts and personal perspective – what has the research left unresolved? Where do you think the study should focus next?
It may be helpful for you to include sub-headings for each section you introduce, but these are optional.
APA formatting is required. For more information see separate guidelines and handout on Moodle.
You must submit your paper in MS Word. No PDF files accepted.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download