You now need to select an existing brand the brand I choose is Ben and Jerry and develop an idea for a new brand extension e.g. Dove toothpaste. This is partly a creative exercise, but it must be based on thorough research into:
1. The current values of the brand being extended
2. The potential target market for the brand extension.
This will involve academic research, secondary research and competitor research in store. It may also involve small scale primary research to establish whether your new brand extension finds acceptance with your chosen target market. However, for this assignment, marks will be awarded for the results of the primary research, not a full description of the process of carrying it out.
Conducting the Research
1. Academic Reading
You need to ensure that you have read, at the very least, chapters 6, 9 and 10 in Brassington and Pettitt’s “Essentials of Marketing” and the BB source materials available on Kapferer’s Brand Identity Prism.
Also use WARC to find articles on (or related to) the topic of brand extensions – for example
• WARC June 2016 :How to extend a brand
• WARC News 23 January 2013 “Brand extensions favoured by shoppers”
• WARC Case Study :John Lewis Insurance: The power of true brand extension marketing, IPA Effectiveness Awards, 2016
• D. Aaker (1990) Brand Extensions: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
2. Secondary Research
You will need to make reference to appropriate Mintel reports as well as the company’s website and press articles about the existing brands. You should also try to find information about the brand’s values and existing target market. Additionally you will need to research current issues in the marketing environment (PESTEL analysis) that potentially could impact on your new product introduction.
3. Competitor Research
You will need to look at the existing products in the new suggested market to ensure that your new brand could compete effectively (e.g. with Dove toothpaste you will need to consider Colgate and Aquafresh)
10 minute Presentation
A 10-minute PowerPoint presentation with an additional 5 minute Q &A session.
The presentation needs to cover the following points
• Background on the chosen brand include useful data such as market share, market size and trends in sales.
• Coverage of the existing brand values supported with use of visual examples.eg advertising campaigns, company’s web site, sponsorship activities etc.
• A brief explanation of the new product with reference to what growth strategy the brand is adopting. (Ansoff).
• Clear identification of the proposed target market for the new brand extension ( include any primary data results if undertaken)
• Any key trends and PESTEL issues that have influenced your choice of brand extension idea.
• A comparative analysis of your suggested brand extension with any key competition identified in the new market sector.
• A Visual Image of the Brand Extension showing brand name, packaging design and logo. You also need to consider how your brand extension will be distinct from competing products.
Writing the Report
The report is a supporting document to the materials presented above and you need to include a sound academic framework to the discussion.
We suggest that you adhere to the following headings for your reports:
THIS IS WRITTEN LAST (because it is a summary of your research) BUT IT APPEARS FIRST (even before the contents page), in order to catch the attention of the reader and encourage them to read further. It should cover in one page or less:
• The aims of the report,
• The methods of research,
• The results (top-line summary only)
Contents Page (Use the feature in Word to do this automatically)
This should be quite brief. It should include the aims of the report and some background on the chosen brand. Include useful data such as market share, market size and trends in sales, which you can find from the most recent Mintel reports and in the trade press
A simple statement of how the research was carried out. This is particularly important in terms of competitor research, observational research, or primary research if you included it. Ideally you should critique whether your data is sufficient to justify your conclusions.
It is suggested that you use sub-headings to make your report easier to follow. You could adopt the following headings:
• Existing brand and Brand Values -coverage to include key academic definitions explaining what is a brand, the concept of a brand extension and a detailed examination of one academic model on branding.(i.e.Kapferer’s Brand Identity Prism).
• Description of the Target Market – a detailed description of the TA for the new brand extension supported by reference to secondary sources e.g. Mintel and TGI supported by academic coverage of STP marketing planning process.
• Analysis of the New Market, Including Trends ¬¬– PESTLE analysis and Ansoff’s Grid
• An Explanation of the New Product (Tauber’s Brand Extension Options, product packaging, the choice of a brand name and brand positioning)
• Competition – a comparative analysis of your suggested brand extension with any competition identified in the new market sector (this should be tabulated)
You should try to put relevant raw data in the appendices and just include a summary in the body of the report. Every time you state a fact e.g. market size, price data, sales etc. you must provide a referenced source for that fact (both in the text and in the reference list). All tables and graphs should have the source written directly underneath.
This is where you provide some element of evaluation of your research findings. Do you think your brand extension will be successful? Why/Why not?
This should be listed alphabetically by Surname and should follow the rules of Harvard Referencing perfectly
Use the appendices to display any raw research data, such as pricing data.
A group log of individual contribution to the task must also be included.
• You may not write in first person – using I, me or my.
• Your report should be written in a formal business-like manner.
You may include tables and photographs in the body of the report, but they must all include the source (below and to the right) and title (to the left and above).
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.