LENGTH: 2-4 pages. It is the student’s responsibility (and judgment) to provide an appropriate
amount of content to support and develop the thesis statement.
1. Practice close and critical reading of primary sources.
2. Recognize the relationship between a document and its historical context, and apply this
to the analysis.
3. Craft a clear and concise argument that expresses a unique stance on the value/meaning
of the source material.
VITAL INFORMATION: FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN ‘ZERO’
1. Only assignments submitted on Canvas as a Word or PDF file will be accepted.
2. Footnotes MUST be provided. Absence of footnotes is automatic zero and will be
considered for an Academic Alert.
3. Late assignments will be penalized 1/3 grade on day 1, 2/3 on day 2, 1 full grade on day 3
and zero after that. Only medical exceptions will be considered.
4. Assignments that only use encyclopedia or popular internet material will be given ‘zero’.
Submissions MUST follow the instructions for sources.
5. WLC Reports are ALWAYS recommended. Ask about citations, thesis statement and
topic sentences first. Upload the report when you submit assignments on Canvas using multiple file submission (do not email).
1. Times New Roman 12pt font. Double Spaced. Page numbers in top right of page.
2. CMS style footnotes and bibliography for ALL assignments. (does not count for paper
3. SEPARATE Title Page, including the title of the essay, your name, student number,
instructor name, course and date of submission.
4. Refer to the Cookbook Essay Format outline, available on Canvas, if you need help
organizing your ideas and paragraphs.
DOCUMENT SELECTION: Choose ONE of the following from the AC Library Reserves:
1. Henri Bourassa, “The French Canadian in the British Empire,” The Monthly Review, October 1902.on Canadiana by CRKN|par RCDR, http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.78007/29?r=0&s=1 Use Part II (starting on page 20 of the document)
HIST 102V Assignment #1, AC Spring 2020 1
2. Hon. John Dryden, Minister of Agriculture, “Womanhood Suffrage: a speech by John th
Dryden delivered in the Ontario Legislature, May 10 , 1893.” on Canadiana by
CRKN|par RCDR, http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.28262/3?r=0&s=1
3. James L. Hughes, “Chapter IV: Objections answered,” Equal Suffrage, 1910. on
Canadiana by CRKN|RCDR, http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.13045/25?r=0&s=1
4. J.B. McCullagh, “The Indian Potlatch: substance of a paper read before C.M.S. Annual
conference at Metlakatla, B.C., 1899,” on Canadiana by CRKN|par RCDR,
http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.15538/22?r=0&s=1 Note: focus on pages 15-20.
5. Frimann B. Anderson, Immigration and Settlement of our Vacant Lands in Manitoba and
the North-West: How Hindered! How Promoted!  on Canadiana by CRKN|par RCDR, http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.30271/10?r=0&s=1 Use the conclusion and one or two other sections for the analysis.
6. Richard McBride, “Exclusion of Asiatics: Premier McBride in address to Legislature on subject of oriental immigration; declares that British Columbia must forever remain a white man’s country; condemns duplicity of Liberals on question,” . On Canadiana by CRKN | par RCDR, http://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.76743/3?r=0&s=1
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download