1) Answer any THREE of the questions listed below. The three question response posts must have a minimum of 200 words each and must directly quote and properly cite (using MLA format) from the assigned textbook readings. I expect substantive and scholarly posts which evince an understanding of the complex chapter readings. Failure to meet the above criteria will result in a point deduction.
2) Post TWO substantive responses to other students’ posts. The response posts must be between 100 and 150 words each. NOTE: The goal of the discussion board is not simply to say “I agree with you” and add a short sentence or two, but rather to carry the discussion forward by asking follow up questions or expanding on key course concepts so as to engage in a meaningful and constructive dialogue with fellow students.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT 5 SEPARATE POSTS: DO NOT ANSWER MORE THAN ONE QUESTION IN A SINGLE POST.
NOTE: NO LATE DISCUSSION POSTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Ch. 1: Plato
1) What does the Ring of Gyges’ myth say about human nature? Do you agree or disagree, and why?
2) What is the relationship between moderation and justice according to Socrates in the Republic? Is Socrates correct in suggesting that the moderate man will by necessity be a just man? Explain, and feel free to use examples drawn from your own experience.
3) Briefly summarize Socrates’ refutation of vulgar hedonism in the Gorgias. Do you find his arguments persuasive? Why or why not?
Ch. 2: Epicurus
4) According to Epicurus, what incentive or motive do people have to obey the laws and behave justly toward one another? Do you agree with Epicurus on this issue? Why or why not?
Ch. 3: Marcus Aurelius
5) ” Choose not to be harmed—and you won’t feel harmed.
Don’t feel harmed—and you haven’t been.” Explain Marcus Aurelius’ meaning in these lines. Do you agree or disagree, and why?
Ch. 4: St. Augustine
6) According to St. Augustine, is it possible to achieve true happiness by focusing on our body only? Why or why not? Do you agree or disagree, and why?
NO LATE DB POSTS ACCEPTED.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download