Description: This is a reflection paper on Astell, Hume, Rousseau, Kant, Ottobah and the Declarations. The goal of the paper is for you to reflect on what resonated with you from at least four (4) of the philosophers, topics, ideas we’ve studied thus far. Explain what resonated with you and why. The primary topics are listed below, yet, you may write on what you wish. While it is a reflection paper, this is an academic paper. Therefore, you must defend what resonates with you by using evidence (quotes from the readings) and a line of reasoning.
1. Education and the Freedom of Women, Astell; and the Freedom of Slaves, Ottobah
2. Social Contract Theory: Rousseau’s, Hobbes’s, and the Declarations
3. Contents of the Human Mind: Hume’s Empiricism and Kant’s Transcendentalism (Rationalism and Empiricism
Line of Reasoning: In your paper, you will take a position on at least four of the philosophers and or ideas we have studied. Feel free to include the philosophers from module one as well in addition to the required four from module two.
1. Mary Astell
2. David Hume
3. Jean Jacques Rousseau
4. Immanuel Kant
5. Ottobah Cugoano
6. (a.) Declaration of Rights of Man and the Citizen; (b) Declaration of Independence
As you develop your rational defense of your position, please keep in mind that it is not merely a matter of taste, opinion, what you’ve always believed, etc, but rather it must be a position you can defend with textual evidence (quotes) and a line of reasoning.
How to Prepare: Review the readings and use the questions below to excite your thinking. Also, please review the study questions, slides, lecture notes, and resources provided on the slides and lectures notes to be sure you understand the material (on Canvas under “Modules”)
!1 of !2
• 1000 to 1500 words (4 to 5 pages)
• Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font
• Double Spaced
• 1” Margins
• Cite ALL resources. You do NOT need to use any particular style (e.g., APA or MLA). Pick one style
and be consistent. For example, after a quote, (Rousseau, p. 572) • You may use first person “I”
• Upload on Canvas
• 15 points
Extra Credit Question
1. What do you find applicable, in what you have studied and learned during module two in your Modern Philosophy course, to our current moment, the pandemic, Novel Corona Virus, COVID-19, Leadership ordering Social Distancing, Shelter-In-Place, etc? What insights have dawned? Please describe them thoroughly. Yes, you may use this as the theme for your paper as well. I’ve made it an extra credit question because some people do NOT want to write about this topic. So, I did not make to make it mandatory. (5 Point)
Writing a Philosophy Paper Guidelines
• Grammar matters. Please use complete sentences.
• Reasoning matters. Please be sure that sentences relate to each other. For example, sentence
two follows from sentence one, and so on.
• Use new paragraphs to indicate a new idea.
• Consider using sub-headings to organize your thoughts and convey them in an organized
• Be sure to introduce a quote and follow it with a sentence explaining why it is important to the
point you are defending.
• The goal is, in short, to understand the material, convey an understanding of the material, take a
position on the material, and defend the position with reasoning, and quotes from the text and
your own experience as evidence.
• While word count and page number matters, conveying your point and defending your position
matters as well.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download