|Phil 1C Homework #2 Instructions and Rubric
Write a 520-word short essay on one of the prompts below. Be sure to cite at least one source from the reading.
1. Suppose that a sheriff is in a situation where residents are about to riot because a renowned member of the community has been raped. He could prevent the riot from occurring and stave off great harms by arresting an innocent scapegoat. What does act-utilitarianism prescribe in this case? How could rule-utilitarianism be used to get a different prescription?
2. Explain Kant’s universalizability formulation of the categorical imperative and apply it to a case where a person is proposing to borrow money without intending to pay it back. (Be sure to first both state the formulation and explain how it is a test to be applied to proposed actions. Then apply it to the case).
3. Explain Kant’s humanity formulation of the categorical imperative and apply it to a case where a person is proposing to borrow money without intending to pay it back. (Be sure to state the formulation and explain the distinction between means and ends. Then apply it to the case).
4. Give an account of Singer’s argument establishing that we have an obligation to give all of our disposable income to charity to meet the basic needs of strangers around the world. Why does Narveson call this the “ethics of the hairshirt”?
5. Give an account of Norcross’ version of the argument from marginal cases. How does Frey claim to be able to forestall that argument through his value theory?
Phil 1A Homework #1 Rubric – The rubric for this assignment is based on its being an expository paper. In exposition, the aim is to give an account of an author’s position as accurately as possible. An exposition is neither a parroting of the author’s position nor a mere summary. It is the development and explanation of the author’s view in a way that conveys that you understand and comprehend the argument. You should put the argument in your own words, cite some of the text to support your exposition, and explain the author’s meaning using ideas and examples that you clearly understand. An exposition well done is preparatory to a more thorough critical analysis of the position, which is what you will be doing in the final paper.
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. ACME Homework is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download