1. Jane Wagner, a 22-year-old patient with no previous medical history, presents to the emergency department with complaint of low back pain after slipping on a wet floor at work and falling. The patient states that the pain is a constant aching and radiates down both legs (sciatica). The MRI shows pulled muscles and ligaments surrounding the L4–L5 area. The emergency physician provides the following discharge orders: bed rest with bathroom privileges for 2 days; apply ice pack to lower back for 20 minutes several times a day for the first 48 hours; and then starting day 3 and on, apply a heating pad for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off several times per day for the next several days, as needed, to relieve pain. Take 400 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours and 5 mg cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) three times a day. Limit sitting to 30 minutes at one time. Ambulate around home and yard, as tolerated, gradually increasing activity. Avoid twisting, bending, or reaching for objects. Avoid lifting anything more than 5 pounds of weight for 1 week. See physician in 1 week for further evaluation. (Learning Objective 1)
a. Explain the rationale for the administration of ice for 48 hours followed by the application of heat.
b. Explain the rationale for the administration of the ibuprofen and muscle relaxer.
c. What are the expected patient outcomes for the patient in this case study?
2. John Ringer, a 32-year-old patient, is admitted to the medical-surgical unit following a débridement of a right lower leg wound secondary to a gunshot wound. The wound is infected with Staphylococcus aureus. The patient is diagnosed with osteomyelitis. The patient’s right lower leg is warm to touch and edematous, and the patient states that the extremity has a constant pulsating pain that increases with any movement of the leg. The patient’s sedimentation rate and leukocyte rates are elevated. The physician orders the following for the patient:
Admit to medical unit with
• Vital signs every 4 hours
• Bed rest
• Elevate affected leg on pillows above the level of the heart
• Warm sterile saline soaks for 20 minutes three times per day, with wet-to-dry dressing change
• Levofloxacin (Levaquin), 750 mg IVPB every day
• Renal profile, CBC with differential in the morning
• Regular diet with high-protein supplement shakes
• Vitamin C, 250 mg po twice a day
• Hydrocodone, 1 tablet po every 4 hours as needed for pain
• Docusate sodium (Colace) 100 mg b.i.d.
(Learning Objective 6)
a. The patient asks the nurse why he has to stay in bed. The nurse should provide what rationale for this measure?
b. What nursing interventions should the nurse provide the patient? For more information on Patients With Musculoskeletal Disorders visit this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musculoskeletal_disorder
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.