You have been tasked by the CEO of your company to assess the need for a quality program.
Choose a company not used in previous weeks of the course. ((AMAZON))
– A brief overview of this company’s product offering (manufacturing or service). Include in your description a description of the company’s supply Chain. Brief means brief, no more than 2 to 4 paragraphs in total plus any tables or charts.
– Detailed description of why a quality program would benefit the company. Point out opportunities for improvement and where continual improvement initiatives might be implemented.
– Explanation of how the Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Market would drive the program. Does the company listen to its customers, and its employees both internal and external? What evidence can you show of that? Give examples.
– Description of how you would implement this quality program. This is not a description of the quality initiative itself. It is a discussion of how you would manage the set up and installation of the program. Who would lead it, how long would it take, would you use outside consulting services, how much you would budget for the entire process, etc.
– A list of tools and metrics you would use to ensure success. Describe how you would measure success. If you implement LEAN/Six Sigma for example how would you measure the reduction of waste, or the number of defects? If you include TQM how would you measure improvements in customer relationships?
– Explanation of how external quality organizations would aid in determining your company’s quality program. Research about outside organizations who provide services to companies like yours helping them to select and implement the optimum quality processes to suit their individual needs. Describe the services that those organizations provide in both product and service areas.
Note: Make sure you support your paper with course concepts and illustrate your mastery of the concepts with real life examples from your company.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.