I am going to attach the instructions and I’m also going to paste the instructions below. For the top half (“completing research”, the first four questions), I need two separate articles.
For the bottom half (“Citing and referencing help”, I need three separate sources/articles, one for each of the three questions).
Completing Research (5 points each- 3 for correct example, 2 for reason) 20 pts total
In science a research paper needs to have authoritative sources and all facts need to be cited. This does not mean you want to have lots of quotes, but instead paraphrase your material and cite the source
Many times, if it tempting to use popular media as a source. However, this means it could be biased.
Go to: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/
1. Find one source that could be considered Left biased and explain why (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
2. Find one source that could be considered right biased and explain why (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
3. Find a source that is considered conspiracy-pseudoscience and explain why with an example of pseudoscience (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points).
4. Find a pro-science source that might be ok for a research paper to get more current information then a peer reviewed source. (minimum of 20 words; question worth 5 points)
Citing and referencing help (each topic 10 pts) 30pts total
Using the library, find 3 separate articles to help you write about 3 of the following topics below (remember to choose 3 topics, not just 1). Please pick 3 topics from this list: endangered species, environmental toxin, farming, sustainable building materials, or water pollution to answering the following questions:
1. Why would you use this article? (3 pts)
2. Create a full reference for this source (2 pts)
3. Paraphrase a fact from this source and insert an in-text citation (2.5pts)
4. Find a quote Create an intext citation (2.5pts)