Identity Crisis in Popular Media
Objective: To apply identity theories to current media.
Type/Length of activity: Movie analysis and 3–5 page paper
Select a Movie: Choose a movie in which one or more of the main characters is an adolescent who is facing some of the issues discussed in our textbook. Choose the movie based on how well a character in it will allow you to answer the questions presented below. Watch the movie and take notes in terms of the areas below that are to be analyzed.
Analyze the Movie and Write a Report: Choose a character from the movie and analyze this character in terms of the following questions:
1. What is the main plot of the movie and who are the main characters? Describe briefly the plot from beginning to end as it pertains to the character you have chosen to write about.
2. How does this character reflect Erikson’s view of the identity crisis faced by adolescents? Does this character appear to be having an identity crisis? How does the character handle this crisis? Does the character appear to resolve the crisis during the movie? Does he or she develop the virtue of fidelity in the movie?
3. In which of Marcia’s identity status is the main character? Compare what Marcia has to say about that identity status to your character. Did the status of the character change during the course of the movie? Were there instances in which the character faced issues related to crisis or commitment?
4. What choices regarding sexual behavior did the character have to make, and how did the character handle these choices? What consequences occurred as a result of these choices?
5. Describe the character’s relationships with parents and siblings. Was there conflict or rebellion? How were these issues resolved?
6. What role did friendships and romantic relationships play in the character’s decisions? Did the character make good choices in these relationships, and how did the people with whom he or she formed these relationships influence the character?
Specifics: Your paper should:
be 3-5 pages long
be typed, double spaced, and have one-inch margins
have a cover sheet that includes your name, the title of your paper, course number
reference all your sources using APA format
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download