Select and answer only twoof the sixfollowing essay questions (see list of questions on attached page). Write a two-page answer for each question. Make sure to answer all parts of the essay question. Any source of information (textbooks, lecture notes, books on reserve, web sites (other than Wikipedia), etc.) may be used. Answers must be written in your own words. Do not plagiarize.Plagiarism is a major violation of the University Code and will be dealt with harshly.Margins must be at least 3/4” at the top and both sides of every sheet, at least1” at the bottom. Provide page numbers.For consistency in length, it is suggested that answers use10 pointTimes New Roman or similar type, double-spaced (double-spacing is required). Other typefaces and sizes may be used, but for your answers, type smaller than 10 point must notbe used. These questions are about more than simple description.The answers should include analyses and ideas, not just descriptions of the buildings.
1. Architecture and urbanism in the age of the Enlightenment are increasingly shaped by the geometry and platonic forms, particularly in the works of Boullée, Ledoux, Adam, Soane, Nash and Wood (elder and younger), Select one building and one urban building scheme (from key works covered in Arch 352) and discuss each in detail in how geometry guides the plan, building form, and experience in relationship to the building functions/program and building site/topography. Compare and contrast the two designs and consider how might two-dimensional representations differ from three-dimensional experiences.
2. Along with the development of the printing press and movable type, the library emerges as a new building type of the Enlightenment to house books. Select two libraries presented in lecture and discuss in precise detail how the architect of each addressed the design problem to house books and provide reading spaces in their respective contexts? What are elements of this building type and how do these libraries convey the character of their inherent functions internally and externally. What materials and structures do they rely upon. Develop clear comparisons and contrasts of the individual buildings that address the issue of character versus type.
3. Throughout history architects have designed houses as “total works of art,” aspiring to shape the experience of everyday life. Select two different architects/houses from the 352 lectures and discuss each example in precise detail about how they created such integrated, all encompassing designs in their respective historic contexts. After discussing each house individually, compare and contrast the two houses to reach broader conclusions about the nature of architectural design and its everyday experience.
4. In the second half of the 19th century, architecture in Europe and in the U.S. reflected various approaches. In France, the Second Empire style became influential, whereas in England, John Ruskin’s theories informed High Victorian Gothic architecture.The U.S. was influenced by both France and England. Select two buildings, one from France and one from England, compare and contrast them and discuss their influence on architecture in the U.S. and the evolution of this influence in the U.S. referring to at least two specific examples found in the U.S. Be precise in citing and discussing each building in detail. Develop clear comparisons and contrasts of the buildings in Europe and in the U.S.
5. The logic of structure and materials, as advocated by individuals including Laugier, Pugin, Ruskin, and Viollet-le-duc have shaped spaces in which structure is artfully assembled. Drawing from the writings and theories of at least two of these figures, concretely discuss their notions of structural rationalism. Then compare and contrast in concrete detail how two “key works” from 352 lectures illuminate the issues raised in the first part. Be precise in citing and discussing each architect’s approach and discuss the building by each architect in detail.
6. The Art Nouveau of Belgium and France developed slightly later than the Arts & Crafts Movement in England but it was nearly contemporary to the Arts & Crafts Movement in the United States. Consider the work of one Art Nouveau architect (for example Horta or Guimard) and the work of one Arts & Crafts architect (for example, Webb, Voysey, Greene & Greene, or F.L. Wright). Select one (1) work by one Art Nouveau architect and select one (1) work by one Arts & Crafts architect, and discuss the two (2) specific buildings in comparison to each other. Discuss each building in detail and show how each shows the similarities and/or differences between the Art Nouveau and the Arts & Crafts. Be very precise in your discussion of each building. Show clearly how Art Nouveau ideas or Arts & Crafts ideas and are embodied in the interiors, the furnishings and the forms of the two buildings. Discuss how the two movements are different and/or similar.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.