True or false
1. Most people erroneously think of the United States as a melting pot of diversity.
2.The distinguishing feature of race is that there is a cultural history associated with the particular group that differs from other racial groups .
3. In its purest form, the arguments in favor of multiculturalism center on integration and social cohesion.
4.It is widely believed by researchers that groups must have a minimum of five members.
5.Communication comes in two forms: Verbal and nonverbal .
6. Most non-English speaking individuals in the United States speak Spanish.
7. According to the Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics, only 25% of the people surveyed by the Department of Justice said they were very satisfied with the police who served their neighborhoods.
8.Many Southern states responded to the acceptance of slavery by enacting fugitive slave acts, which required slaves who had escaped, even to a free state, to be returned to their owners.
9. Slave codes controlled and determined all aspects of the lives of enslaved Africans, including how slaves were to think, act, and believe.
10. The group label Hispanic Americans includes a population of people who share a common language heritage but have many significant differences.
11.Repatriation refers to the process by which Chicanos were naturalized as American citizens .
12.Hispanics were least likely of all federal inmates to receive some type of substance abuse treatment.
13. While Asian Americans as a group have significantly more formal schooling, they actually have lower median family incomes than Whites .
14. Unlike African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, or even Native Americans, Asian Americans are underrepresented in the crime statistics .
15. Like Black and Hispanic gangs, the establishment of Chinese gangs is based on illicit drug use or fads .
16. The general pattern of how American culture has perceived homosexuality over the sweep of history is best summarized by a transition from sinful conduct to a disease model to the development of gay identities
17. The homosexual advance theory, is a legal defense in which courts allow a non-violent homosexual advance to constitute sufficient provocation to kill in the heat of passion, thus mitigating murder to manslaughter.
18. Prisonization is a social and physical transformation of an individual in an effort to compensate for the pains of imprisonment, one of which relates to sexual behavior. Being deprived of heterosexual outlets leads a male inmate to find ways to alleviate the stress associated with it.
-Which of the following is a characteristic of Native American crime
1.the level of violence on reservations is increasing
2.the percent of stranger crime is decreasing
3.Native Americans are less likely to be victimized than African Americans
-Educationally, Native Americans
1.have the highest dropout rate of any racial or ethnic group
2.have a high graduation rate
3.The Bureau of Indian Affairs has increased funding to Native American schools
4. none of the above
– Most inmates report that their children are living with:
a. foster parents
b. the child’s grandparents
c. the child’s other parent
d. family friends
– Female officers from other minority groups sometimes face a sense of ____________, for instance, when their race and gender pose particular challenges not faced by many other officers.
c. cognitive dissonance
d. double jeopardy
– Which of the following are reasons cited as an explanation for the increased rate of homosexuality in prison
3. all the above
-In general, a hate crime has the following characteristic
3.anti-male homosexual bias
4.all the above
-The threat of the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s
1. decreased anti-gay groups’ efforts against homosexuals
2. divided the homosexual community
3. was actually instrumental in shaping and changing the gay rights movement
4. none of the above
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download