Research Project Overview:
Students will investigate and analyze a media technology’s history and a specific effect(s) on society or culture (related to that technology) of their choosing.
Paper Proposal Overview:
Students will write, in the form of an essay (no bullet points and no quotations), a proposal that details a media technology and the corresponding effect(s) of that media technology on society or culture. The proposal will also state the methodology of studying this particular media technology’s history and its effect(s). This assignment is worth 5% of your final grade.
Paper Proposal Objectives & Grading Rubric (Total – 20 points):
Complete the following objectives and answer the following questions:
Media Technology and Effects: (5 points)
• State your chosen media technology and the historical time period in which you intend to examine:
o What did the technology provide or what purpose did it serve?
o When did it emerge, develop, or disappear? (choose one)
• What specific change or changes to society or culture were taking place that either… (choose one): o Was the direct result of the technology o Influenced the emergence, development, or decline in use of that technology o Is comparable to another technology’s function that exists in a different form today
Methodology: (5 points)
• State explicitly what method you will use to study the media technology of that historical time period.
o Technological determinism, cultural determinism, or media archeology?
• Cite and explain (in your own words) the definition from the assigned reading that details this methodology o You must cite the assigned author’s work and the specific page number(s) from which this definition can be found (no quotations).
• What are the weaknesses of this methodology and how will you avoid them in your project?
o You must cite the assigned author’s work and specific page number(s) from which the discussion of the technology’s weaknesses can be found (no quotations).
o Explain what specific evidence and arguments you would need to provide a more complete and accurate account of the media technology’s history and effect(s).
Sources from Outside the Syllabus: (5 points)
• Select and explain the relevance of one peer-reviewed source (from outside the syllabus) that will support your analysis of the change(s) in society or culture as a result of this technology. o Explicitly state the author’s method of studying media-historical change. o Summarize (in your own words) the passages that lead you to this conclusion (no quotations).
• Select and explain the relevance of one primary source (from outside the syllabus) that will support your analysis of the change(s) in society or culture as a result of this technology.
o What is the explicit argument the author is trying to persuade the reader to agree with? Explain (in your own words) using specific evidence from the text (cite the exact page number[s] for which this evidence can be found) (no quotations).
In-text Citations, Works Cited Page, Spelling, and Grammar: (5 points) • Proper MLA or APA citation format must be followed for all in-text citations.
• The Works Cited page must contain complete citations (MLA or APA format) for every text discussed/cited in the essay.
• Proper spelling and grammar must be followed, as well as adhering to the designated word count. For more information on Media Technology see this: https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/media-technology-and-leisure
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.