• Students will learn how to apply the four steps of the Critical Process to advertising
• Students will learn common persuasive techniques employed by the Advertising Industry
• Students will be taught how to recognize persuasive techniques used in everyday advertisements
• Students will be shown how to research demographic characteristics of targeted audiences and specific media channels
Students will be given a current commercial advertisement for this assignment. The ad can be audio, video, print, pop-up, scrolling or any format you can justify as fulfilling this assignment. Make sure you have not selected a PSA (Public Service Announcement), a political ad, or a policy campaign. In a well constructed, college level paper, students will apply the critical process to the ad, discuss the various persuasive strategies employed by the ad, and explain the demographic(s) targeted by the ad. Do not plagiarize your paper! Your Professors have been googling for longer than you have been alive! The College subscribes to TURNITIN.COM as well. Violation will result in an F for the class and possible expulsion from the College.
The Critical Process
Description: Students will describe the ad as if I have never seen it. (Do not include a copy of the ad with your paper)
Analysis: Look for patterns throughout the ad. Narrow your focus.
Interpretation: Ask the questions so what? What does this mean?
Evaluation: Make an informed, objective judgment.
Common Persuasive Techniques.
Plain Folks Pitch
Hidden Fear Appeal
Famous Person Testimonial
• Students will choose an advertisement which fulfills the assignment
• Students will write a paper demonstrating their understanding of the four steps of the Critical Process
• Using specific references to the ad, students will demonstrate their understanding of and ability to recognize persuasive strategies employed by the advertisement
• Students will research and explain the specific demographic(s) targeted by the ad and the media outlet which hosted the ad
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download