This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Introduction and Thesis Statement
1. Introduce the problem/Phenomenon of Interest (POI) you plan to explore in one (1) paragraph.
2. Conclude the introductory paragraph with a direct thesis statement that informs the reader of the purpose, or the primary objective of the paper.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Phenomenon of Interest
Identity Phenomenon of Interest (POI)
1. Describe your approved POI, including the setting and population.
2. Describe the significance of your POI to your advanced specialty focus (Nurse Practitioner, Executive Nursing Administration, Nursing Informatics, etc), and population
3.. Discuss the impact of the POI on the overall healthcare system and support your discussion with relevant statistical data.
4. Include at least three (3) current peer-reviewed references in addition to any textbooks.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePhilosophic Viewpoints
1. Weigh the differences between the Analytical and Continential philosophic viewpoints and identify your preferred philosophic view.
2. Discuss how your preferred philosophic view influences the type of information (data) you evaluate regarding your chosen POI and the impact of your view on the way you provide care.
5. Describe the value of information (data) represented by your alternative or opposing philosophic viewpoint in evaluating your chosen POI
4. Describe how you would incorporate both the Analytical and Continental philosophic views in your advanced nursing practice.
5. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references in addition to any textbooks. Classic references based on theory may be older than 5 years.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWays of Knowing
1. Summarize the four patterns of knowing described by Carper (1978).
2. Discuss how each of the four patterns of knowing will influence your future advanced practice role.
3. Describe how you will use the patterns of knowing to seek information needed to care for your patient or a population.
4. Support your discussion with at least two (2) peer-reviewed references, citing primary sources. Classic literature may be older than 5 years.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Conclusion
1. Summarize the major points of the paper in one (1) paragraph.
2. No new information or references should be included in this section.
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Graduate Level Scholarship
Demonstrate Graduate Level Scholarship
1. Formal, scholarly writing style with no first-person language.
2. Writing should be clear and concise, and free of grammatical and spelling errors
3. Organize work by headings
4. Writing should be free of APA 7th errors, including citations and references.
5. Full paper (except reference page, appendices, and attachments) submitted to Turnitin, with minimal similarity.
6. College of Nursing approved format for the title page.
7. A minimum of nine (9) peer-reviewed references (excluding textbooks).
8. Paper not to exceed six (6) pages (excluding title page, reference page, and any appendices).
9. Follow all assignment instructions.
10. Additional deductions may apply for late submissions, plagiarism, or lack of scholarship and professionalism.