WRIT 100: Film TV Analysis Assignment (15%)
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment if for you to adapt what you’ve learned about rhetoric, particularly logical fallacies to a movie or TV show.
1. Choose from the list of movies or TV shows below and the suggested topics. For the TV show, the idea is to watch the first two episode. Shows on Netflix are indicated below. Others can be found on Humber’s streaming service which is free for students. Links to these will be found in the Assignment folder on Blackboard.
2. When you’re watching the movie/TV show, analyze how the screenwriters use dialogue, action or characters or filming techniques to present a specific point of view.
a. What are the themes?
b. What are the characters’ motivations?
c. Is the plot convincing? Why or why not?
d. Are there inconsistencies with the plot?
4. Write an analysis based on the suggested ideas below.
Suggested Movie, TV and Analysis Topics
1. Get Out and Black Panther both discuss race in very specific ways. Find two or three examples of how the writers use rhetoric to discuss this issue.
2. The Netflix TV reboot of She-ra and the Princesses of Power explores a number of themes, such as gender, LGBTQ2IA, and the effectiveness of misinformation in creating a totalitarian structure. Watch the first three episodes and discuss two or three ways the writers use rhetoric to explore any one of these themes.
3. Social media plays a big role in the movie, Eighth Grade. How realistic do you think it is? How does the writers use rhetoric to show its role in the protagonist’s life? (two or three examples)
4. Using rhetoric, show two or three examples of how class structure is explored in the Netflix Anime, Violet Evergarden? (Watch the first two episodes).
5. Watch the first few episodes of Schitt’s Creek (found on Netflix) and determine using rhetoric: How do the writers help us sympathize with the Rose Family and their predicament?
6. Choose any of the film/tv shows and the themes above and craft an analysis that determines WHO is the intended audience and why?
Note: If you have another idea of how rhetoric is used in any of these films or TV shows, please discuss it with me.
Structure of the Analysis:
First Paragraph: One sentence that contains the name of the film, who the writers are, what the thesis is. One sentence that summarizes for me what the film’s main story is.
Second Paragraph: Two to three examples of how rhetoric is used to support your thesis. Make sure you use specific examples.
Third Paragraph: A sentence that wraps all of these things up.
· Begin your paragraph with a relevant, clear topic sentence.
· Ensure your paragraph is logically organized with adequate transitions between ideas.
· Avoid simply listing examples of rhetorical choices from the film; again, explain HOW AND WHY such choices affect the argument.
· 3 pages (including title and reference pages)
· Use Calibri 12-point font
· Double spaced
· Proper paragraphing (indent first line) — no additional spacing between paragraphs
· 1 inch margins
· APA page numbering, title page and work cited.
Here is a link to how you source a movie: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa6_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/reference_list_other_non_print_sources.html
· Submit through Blackboard using the file name: Last Name_First Name_TV Film Analysis.docx
· DO NOT SUBMIT Google Docs or Pages. For more information on Logical Fallacies to a Movie check out this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.