Articles must be chosen from peer-refereed journals, such as the following, among others:
– Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development
– International Journal of the Sociology of Language
– Multilingual – Journal of Cross-Cultural and Interlanguage Communication
– Language and Identity
– Language in Society
– Annual Review of Applied Linguistics
– Language and Politics
The guidelines for syntheses writing are provided further below.
4. SYNTHESES WRITING:
What is a synthesis? Your performance in this class will be assessed in terms of what I call a synthesis – a critical, contrastive and comparative essay on a given topic – of approximately 3-4 pages in response to a prescribed reading or set of readings. There will be four syntheses, and these will serve as a basis for discussion in class and for evaluation. Synthesis writing involves selecting one or two (or at the most three) themes and showing how they are developed in the prescribed reading; responding critically to the authors’ arguments, findings and conclusions; relating the themes to your own experiences and concerns speculating about potential topics for future investigations. In other words, a synthesis is not a mere summary of the readings. I (and possibly your fellow students) will assess your synthesis by dialoguing with you: writing comments, queries and questions in the margin.
The guidelines or requirements for syntheses writing and the expectations within the academic discourse community are given below. The practice of syntheses writing is intended to feed into your other writing tasks including examination, research proposal, and drafts of future projects for advanced studies (e.g., MA, PhD).
Guidelines for syntheses writing
1. Indicate explicitly from the start what theme/s (e.g., power manipulation, resistance to power, etc.) you propose dealing with, how you are going to structure the synthesis, and signal clearly when you move from one theme to another. i.e. show responsibility to the reader.
2. Explain carefully how the authors develop the theme, before you insert your own observations (i.e. interact with the authors’ views).
3. Substantiate the claims/assertions you make yourself by indicating what you base them on e.g. personal experience/observation.
4. Show that you are an active participant in your writing/ find your own voice i.e. Take responsibility for your own beliefs; share your uncertainties; state what you think the issues ought to be; take responsibility for the definitions you are working with; say what you think; choose what to refer to; use your own style.
5. Relate themes to your own experience; agree or disagree with your sources, substantiating your views by referring to what you have experienced/observed.
6. Explain why the points are interesting or exciting, or why you agree or disagree. Don’t just indicate that you found a point made by one of the sources interesting or exciting, or that you agreed or disagreed with it.
7. Arising from your discussion of the themes, speculate about possible research questions/topics.
8. List your references at the end of your synthesis. For more information on Language Maintenance see this: https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/language-shift
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.