No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Project 1: Resource Research and Review
Project 1 is designed to help prepare you for the final project at the end of the semester. You will notice that, for your final project in this course, you will be asked to trace a crime or criminal incident through the adult criminal justice system, from initial arrest to the eventual return to the community following incarceration. As you work on the final project, you will encounter numerous decision points or stages in the system. Project 1 will assist you in preparing for your final project by introducing you to topic research. You may then use the results of this project to support your final project paper.
Project 1 Assignment:
Using the designated topic listed below (see, Topics), you will search the UMGC Library Services databases and the Internet for resource material that explains, clarifies, critiques, etc. the topic.
1. Your Resource Research and Review project must contain four (4) outside sources (not instructional material for this course), at least two of which must come from the UMGC Library data base.
2. Locate books, periodicals, and documents that may contain useful information and ideas on your topic. You may conduct your research with the assistance of a UMGC librarian, reviewing your own personal materials on the topic, using the Internet, visiting an actual library, etc. and reviewing the available items. Then, choose those works that provide a variety of perspectives on your topic.
Note: You can connect to Library Services by using the Library link under RESOURCES in the Classroom task bar, or link directly to the UMGC Library Guide to Criminal Justice Resources link in CONTENT
3. Type the reference “citation” information for the book, article, or document using the American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards. (There are links to APA format standards under Library Services.)
4. Each reference is to be followed by the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research.
5. Write a concise annotation (150 words) for each reference that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book, article, or document. This must include:
a) briefly, in your own words, describe the content of the article
b) compares or contrasts the work with at least one other article in your research review
Select ONE of the following topics for all four (4) of your resources.
(Note: Other topics may be submitted to your instructor for prior approval.)
Student‘s Last Name A or B: Police use of surveillance drones
Student‘s Last Name C or D: The accuracy of the Uniform Crime Report
Student‘s Last Name E or F: Role of victims in the criminal justice system
Student‘s Last Name G, H, or I: Preventive detention and bail
Student‘s Last Name J or K: Plea bargaining tactics of the prosecutor
Student‘s Last Name L or M: Plea bargaining tactics of the defense attorney
Student‘s Last Name N, O, or P: Jury selection
Student‘s Last Name Q, R, S, or T: Issues with evidence (DNA, eyewitness testimonies, direct vs. circumstantial, etc.)
Student‘s Last Name U, V, W, X, Y or Z: Constitutionality solitary confinement
The project paper should begin with an introductory paragraph and end with a concluding paragraph
In essence, you will have an introduction to the topic (based on the information in the resources you found), you will then write an annotation for each of the sources and will end with a conclusion based off of the information that you presented.
Each annotation should contain approximately 150 words
Double space, 12 pt. font, 1” margins
Cover page for your assignment
· Include your name
· Course title and number
· Project title
· Topic selected
· Date of submission
www.iupui.edu/ (Search on Annotated Bibliography)
UMGC Citation tutorial:
Help for Writing an Annotated Bibliography.docx
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download