Research Paper Description
The third assignment for this class is to write a research paper on some particular topic within interpersonal communication of interest to you. This paper is a continuation of the Thesis Proposal in several important ways. First, you should clarify and refine your thesis statement following the feedback you’ve received. Second, you should elaborate (i.e., provide more detail) on the importance of your topic. Third, you should fully develop all the points you included in your outline in sufficient detail. In other words, the Thesis Proposal was the skeleton of you actual paper.
Goals for the Assignment
1) To develop expertise in a sub-topic of interpersonal communication. Writing a research paper on a topic of your choosing allows you to gain expertise in that topic. This course is an introduction to the field of interpersonal communication, so conducting research on a topic of your choice will allow you to delve into a subject area of particular interest to you, which we were unable to focus on during the semester.
2) To strengthen critical thinking and writing skills. Writing a research paper is an opportunity to develop and strengthen your research and writing skills. This project will require you to synthesize quite a bit of research on your topic. You may need to bring together different bodies of literature and articulate how they logically tie together to create a coherent argument and support your thesis statement. Critical thinking and writing skills will be important no matter what career you choose to go into.
3) Incorporate feedback from your previous assignments (i.e., annotated bibliography and thesis proposal). Writing is a process that gets better with time and with feedback. It is important to learn to incorporate suggestions from expert readers (i.e., your grader), and also to give yourself enough time to clarify your ideas and improve your writing on your own. The more you think about and work on your research ideas, the better they will get.
1) Begin with the broad significance of your chosen topic (1-2 paragraphs)
2) Clearly state your thesis statement, making sure it logically flows from the paragraphs detailing the importance of your topic. Your thesis should be stated no later than at the end of your first page!
3) Provide a brief preview/outline of how you will tackle the thesis statement (recommended)
4) State and develop your supporting arguments, one at a time. Be wise about the order in which you present your arguments!
5) State and refute counter-arguments (if there are obvious counter-arguments to your thesis statement). If you choose to refute counter-arguments, it is important that you do so after you’ve laid out your own arguments.
6) Summarize your main points (recommended)
7) Provide a strong conclusion that wraps up the argument in a forceful way and underlines its significance.
Length: a minimum of 8 pages and a maximum of 10 pages. Your paper will not be read past the 10th page!
Double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins
At least 8 scholarly references cited in APA style in the “References” section at the end of the paper. You should also include in-text citations throughout the paper. The references section should only include references cited in the text!
The first draft is worth 100 points and 10 percent of your overall course grade. The paper will be evaluated based on the following criteria, which are each worth 25 points:
Relevance to interpersonal communication
Be sure to underline your thesis statement.
Stated relevance and importance of the topic (you need to explicitly state why your topic is relevant to interpersonal communication and why it’s important)
Strength of arguments
Relevance of scholarly research presented in support of the thesis
Credibility of scholarly research
Detailed and coherent presentation of scholarly research
Comprehensiveness of scholarly research (e.g., are you missing something very obvious?)
Persuasiveness and logic of arguments
Structure of paper
Use of section headings and subheadings to organize the paper
Logical organization of ideas
Use of transitions (e.g., between sections and paragraphs)
Clear introduction, body, and conclusion
APA Style (both in-text citations, headings, and reference list)
Extra points for writing with flair! For more information on Interpersonal Communication Proposal see this: https://www.britannica.com/topic/communication
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.