Research Paper Using Word
This assignment has two goals:
1) have students, via research, increase their understanding of impacts of information technology on current world issues
2) learn to correctly use the tools and techniques within Word to format a research paper, including use of available References and citation tools. These skills will be valuable throughout a student’s academic career.
The paper will require a title page, NO abstract, three to five full pages of content with incorporation of
a minimum of 3 external resources from credible sources and a Works Cited/References page.
Wikipedia and similar general information sites, blogs or discussion groups are not considered creditable sources for a research project. No more than 10% of the paper may be in the form of a direct citation from an external source. Choose your topic from the list of topics that follow these organization steps.
Open Word and save a blank document with the following name:
“Student’s LastNameFirstInitial Research Paper”
The paper should be organized in the following way:
1. Title page:
a. Center in the middle of the page (horizontally and vertically) the title (subject) of the paper and below that your name
2. Body of the paper:
a. Use 12-point Arial font
b. Set the margins at 1”
c. Entire paper should be double-spaced
d. Length – 3-5 full pages, not counting the title page or the References page.
e. Include a minimum of 3 APA-formatted citations and related References page. Every reference must be cited at least once, and every citation have an entry in the References list. If you are not familiar with APA format, it is recommended that you use the References feature in Word for your citations and Reference List or refer to the “Citing and Writing” option under the Resources/Library/Get Help area in the LEO classroom. It is important to review the final format for APA-style correctness even if generated by Word.
f. Include at least two (2) informational footnotes. Footnotes are not used to list a reference! Footnotes contain information about the topic to which the footnote has been attached.
g. Place the references on a separate page following the body of the paper. Note: Use a hard return (CTRL Enter) after the end of your paper body and the start of the References page.
3. Organization of the content of the paper: Include the following sections in the paper (include, in bold, the headings identified here):
a. Introduction – Identify the issue or idea. Explain why the topic was selected and what you are trying to achieve (what is your end goal). The introduction should not be more than half a page; details will be discussed in the follow-on areas.
b. Areas of interest, activity or issue – Define the issue or idea in greater detail. Define the specific problem or problems or new idea. Identify other underlining or related issues as well as dependencies. Explain what impacts will result if not addressed.
c. Research Findings – Summarize your research findings and what they contribute to the study of the issue or idea. You must identify (cite) the sources of the research or class material related to your topic that you include in the findings.
d. Proposed solution(s), idea(s), courses of action(s). List solutions, ideas or courses of action with an analysis of its effectiveness (how will your suggestions affect or change the current situation). If more than one idea is suggested, provide an analysis that covers all proposed suggestions.
e. Conclusion – Summarize the conclusions of your paper.
Topics for Research Paper
The focus of the paper should be on one of the following topics:
1. How has information technology led to the struggle between online and brick-and-mortar stores? What do the next 5-10 years look like?
2. How has information technology opened up the potential for 5G networks? Are there any downsides to the implementation of this technology?
3. How has information technology impacted the use of robots in your local stores?
4. How has information technology supported the development of monopolies – Amazon, Microsoft, telecom companies? Will these monopolies survive?
5. How has information technology supported the development of facial recognition software and the current issues related to its use?
6. How has information technology led to the use of biometrics and the potential for rise of an International “Big Brother”?
7. How has information technology led to the development of the Internet of Things and the concern about the impact of privacy laws (or lack thereof) on the IOT?
8. How has information technology supported the development of Facebook and other social media sites? Should social media sites be regulated?
9. Who/what is Huawei and what are the issues the U.S. and other countries are having with Huawei?
10. How has information technology changed the political process within the past 5 years?
Writing Quality for the Research Paper
• All Grammar, Verb Tenses, Pronouns, Spelling, Punctuation, and Writing Competency should be without error.
• Be particularly careful about mis-matching a noun and pronoun. For example, if you say “A person does this…” then do not use “their” or “they” when referring to that person. “Person” is singular; “their” or “they” is plural.
• Remember: there is not their, your is not you’re, its is not it’s, too is not to or two, site is not cite, and who should be used after an individual, not that. For example, “the person WHO made the speech” not “the person THAT made the speech.”
• In the previous sentence. It is more business-like to say “In a professional paper one should not use contractions,” rather than saying, “In a professional paper you don’t use contractions.”
• In a professional paper one does not use contractions (doesn’t, don’t, etc.) and one does not use the personal I, you or your. Use the impersonal as in the previous sentence. It is more businesslike to say “In a professional paper one should not use contractions,” rather than saying, “In a professional paper you don’t use contractions.”
• Remember: spell-check, then proofread. Better yet, have a friend or colleague read it before submitting it. Read it out loud to yourself. Read it as if you are submitting it to your boss. For more information on Information Technology Impact on Issues visit this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technology
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.