The Psychogeography Project
For this assignment, you will conduct your own study of a neighborhood in Los Angeles. You will research in order to write an essay that analyzes the effects of the geographical environment (built or natural) on the residents or visitors, focusing on one major tension in the neighborhood.
Start by choosing a neighborhood (other than your own) that you find interesting or that you want to learn more about. Remember that your goal is to add original insights to a conversation about this place by examining the geographical environment.
• Geographical environment may involve the landscape, architecture, types of stores or restaurants, language spoken and/or on signs, presence of freeways or public transportation, or other elements that give us a sense of “place.”
• Your analysis of this geographical environment may be focused through a specific lens; for instance, you may want to analyze the neighborhood through the lens of economics, architecture, psychology, social justice, etc.
• You may want to examine a significant tension in the neighborhood.
• Since your goal is to add an original perspective, this assignment will be more difficult if you choose a very famous neighborhood such as Hollywood or Beverly Hills.
Getting a Visual
Because this essay will analyze visual elements of a place, it is essential to capture your visual text for the reader. This may be in the form of photographs of the location, a map, graphs or other forms of visual data, etc. The visual should be relevant and serve to enhance the reader’s understanding.
Insert your visual into the relevant area of the essay and be sure to directly reference your visual in the writing. For the sake of space, limit yourself to no more than 3 images.
For this essay, you will conduct in-depth independent research. Your research will likely take a variety of forms, which may include primary and/or secondary sources:
• Primary Sources include direct first-hand accounts, observations, and evidence about an event, object, person, place, or work of art, as well as interviews, surveys, and demographics data.
• Secondary Sources include scholarly books and articles discussing information originally presented elsewhere, information about events that were not directly experienced, or analysis of works created by others.
• Keep in mind that your essay is not a summary of facts about a place or an historical overview. Instead, you will use the ideas that you find in your research to develop your original analysis of the neighborhood. Wikipedia may not be used as a source.
• Your essay should be 7-8 full double-spaced pages with 1” side margins, 1” header and footer margins, Times New Roman, 12 pt font.
• Your essay should attempt to engage in analysis that goes beyond a superficial understanding of your neighborhood. While stereotypes may be discussed, your essay should not rely on stereotypes in place of analysis, and your thesis must go beyond stereotypical or obvious statements.
• Your essay must integrate and cite at least five credible sources from your research. Integrating sources includes summarizing key terms, claims, or concepts, and quoting important details.
• Use your sources as a springboard for your own claims, questions and analysis. You should not just incorporate sources to add “facts” to your essay. For this assignment, you must add to and help develop the ideas from the source to offer your own thinking about the neighborhood.
• Cite all sources in MLA format (in text), in addition to a Works Cited page. Use Purdue OWL (linked on Canvas) to look up proper MLA in-text citations and Works Cited formatting.
• Proofread for mistakes and edit for clarity. Consider paragraph organization and appropriate transitions to lead your reader through your discussion. For more information on Geographical Environment see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.