****Use the introduction I have provided and follow these guidelines. If you wish to change the scholarly sources it is up to you. However, the introduction I have provided must be used
The film Malcolm X (1992) is a tribute to the notable black activist better known as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz who devoted his life to establishing justice and liberating the plight of African Americans from the historically rooted racism in the United States. One of the key messages conveyed in the movie is the concept of being resilient and devoted to the cause of challenging injustice rather than being complacent with the given circumstances. In this essay various aspects of the film will be explored, in particular Malcolm X’s involvement with the Nation of Islam and his departure from it to form an independent movement. Politically Islamic movements often emerge out of reactionary circumstances to empower people in times of hardship. Anne Wolf’s book entitled Political Islam in Tunisia: The History of Ennahda will be used to examine the validity of this case by exploring the emergence of the Islamist movement in Tunisia in comparison to the Nation of Islam organization in the film . Ranko Annette’s book entitled The Muslim Brotherhood and its Quest for Hegemony in Egypt State-Discourse and Islamist Counter-Discourse will also be used to compare with the film the circumstances that enable these organizations and the motive behind their creation . Most often we find that political Islam is used to empower people for change.
I. The Task:
Your task is to investigate a specific issue or question related to Islam in the light of the film Malcolm X by Spike Lee. Two things to keep in mind here:
1. The film is the primary field of investigation. Look at it as connected to the real world, not as a product for mere entertainment. Think of it as a mine where your goal is to dig out a precious substance.
2. The scholarly sources are the tools you need to treat the substance before you exhibit it. These two or more scholarly sources are meant to help you understand better and explain further the question of your focus.
So, the quality of your final product (film essay) will depend on having a clear idea of the nature of the substance you are dealing with (questions you are exploring) AND the effectiveness of your tools (the quality of your sources). You may have a brilliant topic. But, if your sources are poor, so may be the quality of your final analysis.
II. The Film:
Do not change your film after you have written the Introduction and selected your sources, especially if I have approved your sources and advised you to proceed to writing the essay. If, for some reason, you wish to change your film, you have to contact me first.
III. Writing Instructions:
1. General academic practice:
Your analysis must follow standard academic practice for writing about film such as:
– Film title must always be written in italics, like books’ and journals’ titles — e.g., Gods and Wars.
– Write in the present tense when describing the action of a film — e.g., “In Gods and Wars, Friday picks up a shiny stone and examines it curiously.”
– Do not cite the film in your bibliography and footnotes even if you quote from it. Simply, refer to the film in the body of your text —e.g., “Friday whispers to the horse: “I am you, you are me.””
– All sources, except the film, must be correctly cited in Chicago Notes and Bibliography.
2. Introduction and Thesis statement:
Your introductory paragraph (thesis paragraph) must provide a brief and broad overview of the film, identify its key message, indicate your scholarly sources and the particular aspects of the film with which you engage more deeply, and mention the conclusions you derive.
Here is an example of what the thesis statement in this assignment may look like. Do not use this in your essay, for everything in it is imagined.
“By examining the relationship between Friday and the horse drawing on X’s philosophy of emanation, I will argue that a key message of the film Man vs. Nature is that human beings may find their way to grasp the highest metaphysical realities without the mediation of culture. In addition to scholar X, I will draw on scholar Y’s discussion of how Muslim philosophers managed to reconcile reason and religion to show that the story of Black is an illustration of how intuition and reason can exist harmoniously in the human being as long as they keep a transparent relationship with nature.”
3. Body paragraphs:
There is no limit on the number of paragraphs you should develop or what exactly they must cover and how, but, keep these pointers in mind for good practice:
– You may designate separate paragraphs for reviewing the film and each of your sources.
– You may designate separate paragraphs for analyzing the film drawing on your sources.
– You may draw on more than one source in the same paragraph to analyze certain aspects of the film.
– You must relate each of your analytical paragraphs to the film’s key theme. A good place to do this is in the concluding sentence of the paragraphs.
– Your paper must be between 1500-2000 words (excluding cover page, bibliography and rubric).
– Include a cover page with this information: paper title, date of submission, word count, your name, student number, course title and code, instructor’s name.
– Your paper title must be contextualized —e.g., “Gods and Wars: Islam, Muslims, and the Humanity Crisis,” not a vague title such as, “Take-Home Essay” or “Analysis of Gods and Wars.”
– Double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font.
– Number all pages except the cover page.
– Citations and bibliography according to Chicago Notes and Bibliography style.
– Copy and paste the Grading Rubric at the end of your essay.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download