RUBRIC, Intro to Humanities, HUMA 1301
Presentation in Class of Final Essay
On Topic (7)______
1) Is your central topic clear?
2) Do you get the audience’s attention?
1) Do you add variety to speaking style (pace, lower or higher volume, use of character voices)?
2) Do you use pauses for dramatic effect or to let ideas sink in?
3) Do you speak loudly enough for everyone to hear; changes tone to maintain interest?
4) Do you rarely use “filler” words (uh, um, so and like)?
5) Mumbles or goes too quickly or slowly
1) Does your presentation use aids (pictures, drawings, charts, posters, maps, video or other digital media)?
2) Does your presentation use aids that are especially powerful and creative?
3) Does your presentation show exceptional skill in strategically choosing and creating aids or using technology?
Key Concepts (6)______
1) Is your presentation informative and interesting?
2) Is your presentation well organized?
3) Is your presentation relevant to the assignment (Please make sure you pay attention to the Goal of the Assignment – relate this presentation and final essay to ART/Humanities/Culture.)
Paper fits assignment (7)______
One topic/on topic (6)______
Introductory paragraph (6)______
1. Have you focused entirely on the questions asked? Have you avoided digressing into other topics, purposes, or themes?
2. Have you chosen one topic and stayed on topic throughout your paper? Have you maintained one speaking voice and one target audience?
3. Does your introduction paragraph fit your overall paper? Does it get to topic right away? Does it avoid a long, unnecessary path before getting on topic?
4. Does your conclusion fit your introductory paragraph as well as the body of your paragraph? Does it reinforce each key point as well as your thesis statement?
Topic Sentence (6)______
Body Paragraphs (6)______
Thesis Statement (7)______
1) Do your topic sentences fit your thesis statement? Do they serve an argumentative purpose?
2) Do your body paragraphs fit your thesis statement? Do they maintain one point from beginning to end? Do they avoid unnecessary details or confusion?
3) Does your thesis statement present one unified argument? Does it fit the body of your paragraph? Does it include all the necessary components of a thesis statement? Is it clearly identifiable in the context of your introduction and conclusion?
4) Do your transitions appear between each paragraph? Do they sufficiently move from one paragraph to the next? (Note: This includes a transition from your introduction to your first body paragraph.)
Grammar & Punctuation (6)______
Formatting (MLA style with works cited) (6)______
Use of Academic Sources (6)______
Sentence Structure (7)______
1) Is your paper well-proofread for grammar? Are your sentences free of grammatical errors with appropriate language for the assignment?
2) Is your paper well-proofread for punctuation? Have you used the appropriate punctuation to make your paper as clear as possible?
3) Is your paper properly formatted for MLA standards? This includes your heading, page numbers, font, margins, text size, etc.
4) Are your sentences structured to make your message readily available to your reader? This includes a reasonable size to each sentence, primarily placement of the subject as necessary, and a reasonable number of cluases per sentence.
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download