FYRE: THE GREATEST PARTY THAT NEVER HAPPENED
Click on the Netflix link above to view this film. This is the only place this film is available. If you don’t have a Netflix membership, the company is offering one month free. Another option would be to ask a friend, peer, or family member to view the documentary with you and/or allow you access to their account.
This essay MUST adhere to the following guidelines:
• Organize exactly as described on page 2, of this document
• 7-paragraphs ONLY (2-introduction paragraphs; 1-summary paragraph; 3-body paragraphs; 1-conclusion paragraph)
• Use MLA formatting and rules of citation (see The Norton 2016 MLA Handbook)
• Use 2-cited sources from research and 1-quotation from the primary source/the film— Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened: o You must use scholarly and reputable periodicals and journals ONLY (i.e.: Time, Newsweek, US News and World Report, Forbes, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, etc.) o Scholarly journals can be found in NLC’s Online Database o the following websites ONLY: .edu, .org*, .gov, .mil—citations from .com websites is not allowed; quotations from Wikipedia, film reviews, and social media [Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.] is never allowed; citations from Blogs is not allowed. o books (ebooks are allowed) o essays found in databases by literary and/or film critics (individually published as well as those found in an anthology or a collection of essays edited by another author) o each body paragraph must have one-piece of evidence/proof = a quote from a secondary/outside source (the film is the primary source)
• Thesis statement must be underlined and the last sentence of the second introduction paragraph (if not, I will assume you didn’t create it and 20 points will be deducted).
• Essay must have an original title of your own creation
• No title page; use the 5-line MLA format required heading
• Must create a Works Cited page.
How to organize the visual analysis of a film essay
I. Introduction paragraph: factual information about the film (no quotations allowed in this paragraph)
• Title of film
• director’s name
• primary characters names
• Genre of film to which this work belongs
• Year film was released
• Historical, social, political, and/or cultural info that is relevant to the film II.
2 nd introduction paragraph: create a platform for your argument (no quotations allowed in this paragraph)
• Information about the film that relates to your thesis
• Thesis statement is the underlined, last sentence of the 2nd introduction paragraph (Do not include the title of the film in thesis. However, it is acceptable, but only if absolutely necessary, to refer to the director by last name.)
III. Summary paragraph: concise explanation of the plot (eight sentences maximum for this paragraph; no quotations allowed in this paragraph)
• A short summary of the plot of this film
• A summary paragraph should never contain an explanation of behavior, ideas, characters, etc. • This summary must be in your own words (not copied, whether cited or not, from another source)
IV. Three Body paragraphs – this is where you prove/support/argue the ideas in thesis
a. Topic sentence – must specifically introduction the topic of this paragraph. It also expands the idea(s) in thesis statement.
b. Sub-topic sentence – another sentence that brings clarity and focus to the idea(s)/issue in this paragraph.
c. Proof/evidence (one piece per body paragraph) – a direct quote, paraphrased ideas of others, etc.
d. Explain the proof/quote/example
e. Multiple Critical analysis sentences – explain “how” and/or “why” this evidence supports the idea(s) and/or position in thesis
V. Conclusion (If a quote is used in this paragraph, it does not satisfy the citation requirement.) You must satisfy two of these options BUT not all four.
• Restate the thesis (but, not verbatim)
• Provide a synopsis of your argument
• Ask a rhetorical question that raises an issue about ones perspective on this current analysis. • Disagree with your analysis by presenting an opposing view: refutation.
Essay 1—paper topics
1. The central purpose of the film Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened is to promote the theme/message that “free-will is a powerful gift that carries immense responsibility and hefty consequences.” Agree or disagree? Choose a side and argue pro or con.
2. Create an argument in which you state, describe, and explain the psychological value of this story.
3. Create an argument in which you state, describe, and explain the value that this cautionary tale provides to viewers.
4. Create an argument in which you state, describe, and explain the ethical message that this story teaches viewers.
These topics are purposely designed to be broad/opened ended so that you can customize an argument. However, you are not required to choose from this list. You can create your own argument, about this film, for this paper. No matter what you decide, your argument must be a clearly-stated debatable idea, with a valid reason for this debate. It must also be an idea that can be successfully supported with credible evidence.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.