Environmental issues: Answer each of the 21 questions as specified. Answer each question completely, yet concisely. Note: this written “test” is not just a completion assignment, but will be graded accordingly for accuracy and completeness of your answers. Note: words like “explain”, “define”, “describe”, and “summarize” require some explanation versus the word “list”.
You may research these questions using various sources, but be aware of plagiarism. Any direct quotes from sources must be referenced and cited, just like any research paper, and the extent of direct quoting needs to be limited. Your best source of information is your textbook, as the information and questions directly address topics covered for this course.
You must do your own work, no copying from anyone else. You will submit this assignment to a drop box, just like your out of class assignments, and SafeAssign will be enabled to check for plagiarism and copying.
1. Describe 3 issues that have occurred/may occur by alteration of the Kissimmee River/Lake Okeechobee/Everglades system.
2. Describe 3 issues that have occurred/may occur by usage and alteration of the Floridan and Biscayne Aquifer.
3. Contrast the benefits and drawbacks of dams and reservoirs.
4. List, from top to bottom, all the layers (horizons) of soil and describe what comprises each layer.
5. Summarize how conservation tillage, crop rotation, contour plowing, strip cropping, terracing, cover crops, shelterbelts, and agroforestry minimize erosion and mineral depletion of the soil.
6. Explain the ecological significance of each of the four components of the soil system.
7. Describe how mineral deposits are discovered, extracted, and processed.
8. Explain the environmental impacts of mining and refining minerals, including a description of acid mine drainage.
9. Summarize the conservation of minerals by reuse, recycling, and changing our mineral requirements.
10. Contrast industrialized agriculture with three kinds of subsistence agriculture.
11. Describe the environmental impacts of industrialized agriculture, including land degradation and habitat fragmentation.
12. Describe at least three environmental challenges of both industrialized/commercial fishing and aquaculture.
13. List the seven major classes of air pollutants, including ozone and hazardous air pollutants, describing their effects.
14. Describe stratospheric ozone thinning, the harmful effects of ozone depletion, and explaining how chlorofluorocarbons and other chemicals reduce stratospheric ozone.
15. Describe at least 6 sources of indoor air pollution.
Global Climate Change
16. Explain radiative forcing, greenhouse gases, and the enhanced greenhouse effect.
17. Differentiate/distinguish between sea-level rise due to melting ice and that due to thermal expansion of water.
18. Describe at least 3 ways how climate change impacts the physical environment.
19. Describe the eight categories of water pollutants.
20. Describe what is eutrophication and explain why it is often bad for waterways. What are three sources/causes of eutrophication?
21. Describe the steps of sewage treatment within a municipal sewage treatment plant, particularly distinguish what occurs as a part of primary treatment and secondary treatment.
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.