1. Use the following to write your paper as a Word document. Please begin your analysis with a brief summary of one or two concepts of interest to you and link it/them to the appropriate theorist or theoretical perspective. The concept(s) should be taken from assigned class reading. Be sure to cite the source of your concept(s) following the citation format instructions. Examples of the types of concepts I’m referring to here might be: solidarity, anomie, alienation, surplus value, the Protestant ethic, habitus, cultural capital, etc.
2. In addition to providing a definition/description of each concept, provide an example (that was NOT taken from the readings or lecture) to further illustrate your understanding.
3. Once you have clearly explained the concept(s), move onto a few paragraphs that describe or summarize the key part(s) of your chosen article, radio story/program, or movie. Just tell me about the most important points of the media presentation for understanding what happened in it. These paragraphs should merely summarize the information presented (wait until the next section to “apply” the concepts).
4. In the next part of the paper show how each concept is being illustrated in the article, program, or movie. What part(s) made you think about each concept? The type of experience I’m referring to here is of the sort: “Hey! That sounds just like what we were reading about in theory last week.” Explain the connection. What made you see this link and help us to see it like you did? This takes some real critical thinking skill and is what is meant by “application.” You are using theoretical concepts to help us solve (or “frame”) a particular sociological “puzzle” that arose in the article, radio broadcast, or movie. Note: Using specific quotes or scene descriptions will really help you to clearly demonstrate the connection to your concepts. A quote or two can help you to explain what specifically made you think that the concept was being illustrated in this particular part of the article, program, or movie.
5. Conclude the paper with a summary of your main points. What insights do you want the reader to take away from your paper? What should the reader really remember about what you’ve said in the paper?
6. At the end of the paper, include a reference page – see the content item, “Citing in APA style.”
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download