Answer at least four discussion questions. Write at least 800 words. If you need to answer more questions to reach 800 words, you can do that, but the answers that get the most credit will demonstrate depth of detail.
Your answers should be your own. Your writing should be your own. You will submit this discussion test in Canvas, and it will be run through Turnitin. If you have copied anything from sources, you will be given a 0 for the grade, which means you will probably not be able to pass the class.
Remember that this is a test. You are supposed to work on it on your own. Your answers should reflect your knowledge of the literature you have read this semester. You may discuss the topics with tutors, but you may not get help writing your answers.
You may look up quotes from the reading assignments to help with your answers, but you should use only a minimal number of quotes in your answers. For the most part, paraphrase and summarize what you have read. These discussions should reflect your own writing and your own reasoning process.
Don’t forget that you need to answer the questions, and you need to be analytical. Use summary from the stories to show that you know the stories, but go beyond summary into analysis to show that you understand the importance of the ideas in the stories.
Note: You will write individual answers to the questions you select rather than one essay. In order to keep up with your word count, though, please don’t repeat the questions. Just number your discussions to correspond with the questions.
1. How does Hawthorne define the conflict between science and nature? How do we see this conflict in “The Birth Mark”? How does this relate to some of his other themes like good and evil?
2. What’s Stephen King’s explanation for why we crave horror? How can this apply to an Edgar Allan Poe story such as “The Tell Tale Heart”? What are the elements of psychological horror in this story or in other stories by Poe or Irving that could be considered early examples of horror fiction?
3. Pick a poem that you have read for class this semester by Emily Dickinson to explicate (analyze line-by-line). Analyze the meaning of the lines, how they relate to the overall meaning of the poem, and how they relate to what you know about Emily Dickinson and her poetry overall.
4. Explain what transcendentalism is and how you have seen it displayed in the writings of Thoreau and/or Emerson. Why is transcendentalism important to the story of America and its history? What influence did transcendentalists like Thoreau and Emerson have on later movements in American culture?
5. What does Frederick Douglass have to say about the importance of education and the reason slaves were denied education?
6. Why does Harriet Jacobs say that slavery is harder on women than on men? How does Harriet Jacob’s account of slavery demonstrate this belief?
7. Analyze the text of Abraham Lincoln’s “Gettysburg Address” and/or his “Second Inaugural Address.” What are the most important concepts in these speeches?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download