All 28 questions from Chapters 11-16 from the PDF file. Readings are attached to help you answer the questions.
Pictures taken of the physical copy of the book and all pages are attached to the order.
Here are the questions:
CHAPTER 11: THE GENTLE WAY
• What complications arise once Dartanyon starts college? How is Arthur involved?
• Is Dartanyon a good fit for judo? Why or why not?
• What does Lisa learn about parenthood and families while she’s involved in the lives of Leroy and Dartanyon?
CHAPTER 12: TRANSITIONS
• How does Leroy settle into college? Is his experience different than Dartanyon’s?
• Why does Dartanyon miss his eye test? How does this moment highlight complications stemming from poverty and need that
most people don’t think about?
• What is Dartanyon’s call-up to the Paralympic team like?
• While their lives are transitioning in different ways, both Leroy and Dartanyon have missteps. What are the similarities and
differences between how each of them adapts?
• In this chapter we learn the truth behind Dartanyon’s academic struggles: he is actually far behind his peers in terms of learning
level. How does his particular case highlight a larger problem within the Cleveland public school system?
CHAPTER 13: THE DARK AGES
• In what ways are both Dartanyon and Leroy struggling in school?
• How does Lisa try to help them into financial responsibility and proficiency?
• In this chapter, Lisa wonders if she expected too much of the boys as she tried to help them into better futures. Do you think
she did? Why or why not?
• How does Lisa account for poverty finding Leroy and Dartanyon?
• What is Dartanyon’s process for qualifying for the London 2012 Paralymic games?
CHAPTER 14: LONDON
• Why wasn’t Arthur at the Paralympic opening ceremony?
• How did Leroy help Dartanyon in London? In what ways were their roles reversed from when they were in high school?
• What is Dartanyon’s bronze medal match like? How does he win?
• After his bronze medal win, Dartanyon says he will remember every detail, which contradicts his earlier assertion that he will
not remember wins but only remember losses. What sparks the change?
A TEACHER’S GUIDE TO LISA FENN’S CARRY ON 7
CHAPTER 15: THE REAL EDUCATION
• How does Leroy finally get help for his PTSD? How does he feel about finally being diagnosed with it?
• On page 283, Leory says, “I think I would much rather change this world than walk on it.” How would you describe Leroy’s
attitude to his disability? In what ways has it evolved from the beginning of Carry On?
• What is Leroy’s father like? Is Lisa able to see past her prejudices while she talks with him?
• What is Leroy’s meeting like with his father? Does it go as he expected it to?
• To what does the chapter title refer? Why is it significant?
CHAPTER 16: UNLIKELY FAMILY
• Why did Lisa’s father’s views on race evolve as the text went on? Do you think this learning experience was difficult for him?
• Why does it ultimately not matter how and why Leroy and Dartanyon became friends?
• In what ways is Carry On a story of faith?
• In what ways is poverty more than an economic/income problem? How does Carry On show that there’s more to poverty than
• How do sports and participation in sports help Dartanyon and Leroy, both in terms of achievement and personal growth?
• How does Carry On define families? OR: In what ways does the definition of family evolve in Carry On?
• The eponymous ESPN special is available to watch online. After watching it, what is it like seeing Dartanyon’s and Leroy’s story as opposed to reading it? Do different things catch your attention?
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download