Nurse leaders have many opportunities to develop innovative organizational projects. For this assessment, you will assume the role of a nurse leader who is interested in starting a new service line. The proposed project can be any service that is related to providing nursing care in an area of need.
Here are a few examples of the diverse opportunities for organizational growth:
• wellness centers providing coaching and physical and mental health services
• vascular access care services
• wound care services
• diabetes education services
• care coordination for supervising and evaluating interdisciplinary care services
• home health and hospice services
These varied examples demonstrate the impact that nurse leaders make on healthcare delivery.
In this task, you will use the attached “Service Plan template” to develop a service plan brief. Using an interprofessional approach, you will explain the need for a service idea and present the results of various business analyses to determine the feasibility of starting a new service line within an organization. Use the information provided in the course to complete the analyses required in this assessment and to determine an area of need.
Complete the following using the attached “Service Plan Brief” template to support the area of need you have identified:
A. Provide an introduction to your service idea that includes the following:
1. Describe your service idea and the purpose of the service.
2. Explain why the service will be important to the population it will serve.
B. Provide a market analysis that includes the following factors:
• the target population
• potential referral bases
• potential competitors for the planned service
C. Using an interprofessional approach, analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the service.
• four internal factors that are potential strengths of the service idea
• four internal factors that are potential weaknesses of the service idea
• four external factors that are potential opportunities for the service idea
• four external factors that are potential threats to the service idea
1. Discuss how the results of this SWOT analysis could be used to maximize opportunities and minimize threats.
D. Perform a cost-benefit analysis of the service idea that identifies three costs and three benefits for each of the following areas:
• the organization
• the client/patient
• the staff
E. Complete a risk assessment that describes five risks that may adversely affect the success of the service plan.
1. Discuss the overall results of the risk assessment and strategies that could be used to minimize each of the five identified risks.
F. Analyze the financial projections of the service plan. Include the following in your analysis:
• A discussion of the revenue projections for the first year
• An explanation of the methods that will be used to generate revenue for the service
1. Discuss the financial payers for the service.
a. Graph how you predict the service will grow.
Note: To draw the graph, you may use one or a combination of the following:
– A spreadsheet program, such as Excel (*.xls)
– A graphics program, such as Paint (*.jpeg, *.gif)
– A word-processing program, such as Word (*.rtf)
– A scanned hand-drawn graph (*.jpeg, *.gif)
G. Provide an operational expense budget including a description of personnel expenses and other-than-personnel expenses.
1. Create a pie chart of personnel and other-than-personnel (OTP) expenses.
H. Explain key performance indicators (KPIs) of the service idea by doing the following:
1. Describe a KPI from each of the following areas that will be used to measure the success of the project:
2. Describe how each KPI will be measured and how often.
3. Discuss how the KPIs could guide future decisions regarding the service project plan.
4. Discuss two strategies could be used to improve staff performance and interprofessional collaboration.
I. Outline a project plan of start-up tasks and timelines for the service that includes the following:
• 10 tasks that should be completed before the launch of the service line
• the title of the individual who will be responsible for completing each task
• the timeline for each task
J. Provide an executive summary that includes summaries of the following aspects:
• the service idea
• the results of the market analysis
• the results of the SWOT analysis
• the feasibility of the service idea (i.e., the cost-benefit analysis and risk assessment)
Note: Use the research completed in parts A–I to complete the executive summary.
K. Include a reference page at the end of the report that lists at least 10 references to academically appropriate sources used to complete this task.
L. Submit your business plan template in APA style, including but not limited to, the title page, headers, in-text citations, and references.
M. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of the submission. For more information on Developing Innovative Organizational Projects see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innovation
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.