Density and Specific Gravity
1. Title (Density and Specific Gravity) and your name
• Density – Definition, equation and units for solids, liquids and gases.
– Effects of Temperature on Density.
– What objects float on water and which objects sink in water?
• Specific Gravity – Definition, equation and units.
The instructions in the lab book (Experiment in Chemistry, Custom Edition for Goodwin College, 2004, pg 23-27) were followed except that in section C, no string was used to lower the object into the water and in section D, 5 pennies were used instead of 2 or 3 pennies.
4. Results – Type out all the tables and results and calculations in your graded lab sheet.
• Discuss why there is a difference between the density of water and that of the alcohol?
• Discuss why there are differences in the specific gravity values experimentally determined and those measured using the hydrometer.Density of water is 1.00 g/mL at 4 ⁰C. At higher temperatures, density of water will be less than 1.00 g/mL, hence the specific gravity calculated may be comparable with the hydrometer measurement at room temperature.
• Uniqueness of density – Density can be used to determine the identity of an object.
• Graphical determination gives more accurate value of the density of pennies by measuring different
masses and volumes.
Timberlake, K. C. (2015). Chemistry: An Introduction to General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, 13th ed., Pearson, San Francisco.pgs……..
Experiments in Chemistry: Chemistry 101, Custom Edition for Goodwin College (2014). “Title of the Lab”.Pearson Education Inc., Upper Saddle River. NJ. pgs…….
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download