Topic: Current Earth Science Research: Types and Assumptions
Requirements: One 350-450 word, 4 paragraph thread.
One 150-175 word reply to a classmate’s thread.
Complete the following step-by-step process:
1. Watch the presentation entitled “Earth Science Research: Types and Assumptions” in the Reading & Study folder for Module/Week the Discussion Board 1 assignment is due.
2. Explore the following 3 websites (also available in the Reading & Study folder).
3. Find 1 article that interests you from 1 of the links above. Do NOT choose 1 article from each link.
4. Read the article and write a 4 paragraph, 350-450 word thread that follows the following outline.
Paragraph 1: State the article title, web address (url), and author(s).
Paragraph 2: Summarize the article’s research method, and findings.
Paragraph 3: Categorize the research as one of the following science types:
1. Mostly historical science
2. Mostly experimental science
3. Mostly predictive science
4. Some combination of 2 or all 3 above
Explain why you categorized it as one of the above.
Paragraph 4: Identify any assumptions (unproven statements) in the article and offer your opinion on the validity of those assumptions. Examples would include: old-Earth ages or timelines, rates of geologic processes, evolution, etc. If there are no assumptions, describe any implications from the research that may have been ignored or left out.
1. Be sure to choose an earth science article (geology, oceanography, or meteorology). There are links that take you to other topics. Do not choose biology, life science, health science or human behavior topics.
2. If you cannot address all or most of the items mentioned above, choose another article.
3. Do not submit your thread as an attached Word document. Use the dialogue box to paste your content or write your content.
4. Do not use bullets, numbering or outlines. Construct a well-written thread in narrative format.
5. Be sure to reference your article at the bottom of the thread using current APA format: Author(s) Title, Retrieved from: url
6. Make sure your word count is greater than 350 and less than 450.
After reading a classmate’s thread and reviewing the article at the hyperlink provided by the classmate, answer the following questions in a 150-175 word reply:
1. Do you agree with your classmate’s categorization of the research? If not, how would you categorize the article differently?
2. Are there any assumptions in the article that the classmate did not identify?
3. How would you rate the strength of the article’s findings on a scale from 1 to 5 where:
1 (weak science research, assumptions, findings are not compelling) to
5 (compelling or great science research).
4. Briefly explain your rationale for the strength or weakness of your rating. For more information on Current Earth Science checkout this: https://www.encyclopedia.com/earth-and-environment/geology-and-oceanography/geology-and-oceanography/earth-sciences
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.