Instructions and Topics for Term Paper
Instructions and criteria of assessment
Having written two discussion posts, you should now be well prepared to write your term paper, for the term paper involves the same three elements which informed the discussion post. Specifically, you need to:
(i) State your thesis explicitly (‘My goal in this paper is to…’).
(ii) Explicate the text (identifying, contrasting, and discussing the arguments made by the authors you are examining, and which relate to your thesis).
(iii) Provide analysis (with a view to supporting your thesis)
There are, however, a few minor differences. Instead of just jumping in and stating your thesis (as you did in the posts), you should set more of a context in your introduction; your explication of the arguments (in the body of your paper) should be more detailed and rigorous; and you need to develop a stronger case for your thesis—accordingly, it might also be a good idea to consider objections to the position you are advancing.
In terms of criteria for grading, a paper that presents a clear thesis, an accurate and rigorous description of the arguments advanced by the authors discussed, and a strong critical analysis of these arguments, will do well.
You must draw from at least two papers from the class syllabus. The paper should be double spaced, 1500 words in length, and it is due on December 2. Please submit your paper to the assignments tab on OWL.
Here are some questions you should keep in mind in writing your paper:
Does your paper have a clearly articulated thesis?
Is the thesis supported by arguments?
Are these arguments logically structured?
Do you make use of the primary texts in defending your thesis?
Have you anticipated potential criticisms of your position and demonstrated why your position is superior to rival interpretations?
Is your writing clear and to the point?
Is your writing technically flawless, free of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?
Do you have proper documentation in a consistent style?
Your paper should be written on any of themes included in Units 6, 7 or 8. These include: How much information must an advertiser disclose to consumers in advertising a product? Does advertising violate consumer autonomy? What rights and obligations do employers and employees have in the workplace? Do employees have the right to know of work-related safety hazards?
Here are some more specific essay topics:
• The question concerning how much information a salesperson is obligated to disclose to a potential customer in selling a product has been the source of considerable disagreement. With reference to the paper by Tibor Machan, assess whether you think he is right in insisting that advertisers need “not tell all.” You can also draw from Burton Leiser (quoted in Machan’s paper), Albert Carr, or Jean Kilbourne in addressing this question.
• Critics of advertising often contend that advertising violates our autonomy insofar as it is a form of behavior control. Examine why Robert Arrington disagrees with these critics, and then take a position on whether he is right. You can also draw from Lyn Sharpe Paine or Jean Kilbourne in examining this issue.
• With reference to the papers by Richard Epstein and Patricia Werhane, critically examine the employment at will doctrine. Do you think the doctrine fosters freedom of contract for both employers and employees, or does it empower the employer, thereby leading to potential exploitation of employees?
• Tibor Machan argues that a special moral right to occupational safety violates liberties, while Earl Spurgin contends that such a right fosters liberty, especially given the background conditions of workers in the developing world. With reference to both papers, critically assess whether there should be special rights to occupational safety.
• These are general suggestions and guidelines for topics, so if you want to modify one of these suggestions, or devise your own essay topic, that is perfectly fine. The only stipulation is that you write on these above-mentioned themes and on the authors from the class syllabus included under these themes. For more information on Critics of Advertising visit this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_advertising
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.