Cultural Contexts: Apply understandings of culture and concepts of a cultural self to develop a framework for understanding cultural contexts of interactions and subsequent analysis of personal attitudes and actions.
Power Relations: Critique the role of power in intercultural interactions and relations
Task details: Answer each question each week in no less than 250 words.
Use the TEEL structure for your paragraphs, critically reflecting with at least one example from your observations or experience;
– Topic sentence,
– Evidence (reference) and
– Link back to main idea of the paragraph.
– Draw on your experiences and reference the key points made in the readings with in-text references (APA style guide)
1. Consider your IAT results, and which of Binna’s 3 ways of holding bias did you respond most strongly to? What relation of power (Cummins, 2013, 2009) can you see manifesting from this bias in your academic or professional life? Use an example that demonstrates you can establish principle #1: A ways to recognize and manage bias in your professional and academic relationships?
2. Using a ‘cultural border crossing’ ( Aikenhead, 1996) you have made; describe how that was affected by the academic or professional context and the power relations ( Cummins, 2013, 2009) . Establish principle #2 : How to address principles of power relations in shared learning and cultural border crossings; what adjustment is needed?
3. How do you establish trust in academic and professional situations? Write principle #3: how do you build trust and respect in learning relationships across cultures? How do you develop equity and acknowledge privilege? ( McIntosh, 1988; Glorski, 2014). What principles of Equitable learning do you bring with you and what have you been met with? How do you practice cultural respect and empathy?
4. What does ‘diverse’ mean to you? principle #4 about How you understand diversity in cross cultural learning and work environments, and how ‘diversity and inclusion’ ( Bali, 2016) terminology defines power relations and generates interactions.
FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME FOR CLARIFICATIONS
Professional homework help features
Our ExperienceHowever the complexity of your assignment, we have the right professionals to carry out your specific task. ACME homework is a company that does homework help writing services for students who need homework help. We only hire super-skilled academic experts to write your projects. Our years of experience allows us to provide students with homework writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How our professional homework help writing services work
You first have to fill in an order form. In case you need any clarifications regarding the form, feel free to reach out for further guidance. To fill in the form, include basic informaion regarding your order that is topic, subject, number of pages required as well as any other relevant information that will be of help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download