Week 4 Assignment: Ethics Analysis 1
This assignment is worth 10% of your final course grade.
The following assignment is the first of four Business Analyses you will complete in this course. They each follow the same structure, though the content specifics change. Feel free to bring your questions regarding this assignment to the class Q&A session (Thursday).
One of the most critical concepts in business ethics and environment is the stakeholder. This exercise is based on assessing and researching stakeholder dynamics for your Team’s target company. You have already done reading on stakeholders and now with our business case, do the following:
1. Define stakeholders (Maximum 50 words) (use at least one of the listed readings below as a guide, cite it, and include it in your reference list)
2. Draw a mind-map of the problem your Team’s company demonstrates and identify all the stakeholders in the case. (Refer to the mind-mapping guidelines and information sources). While the emphasis is on the stakeholders, to the degree possible illustrate the internal aspects of the company which experiences or creates a specific stakeholder. For each stakeholder try to identify what makes them a stakeholder. There are often linkages between stakeholders, so try to identify them where they are logically present.
A good mind-map has enough detail that you can see how relationships are represented in the mind-map (usually a third level of detail).
3. Select what you think is a critical component of your company’s stakeholder context (an item from your mind-map).
4. Find two high quality academic sources (use the UCW library) that help you understand that component.
5. Briefly summarize the academic sources in your own words. Do not use quotes or paraphrases—think about how you would describe the content. (maximum of 100 words each) (See the guide sheet or slides on how to do an academic summary.)
6. Think about how the academic sources improve your understanding of the stakeholders and the stakeholder environment. Try to imagine how you could improve operations if you applied the information in these articles. On that basis, use your research to develop one or more recommendations that one be useful to the source company.
7. Write a very brief memo style (not APA essay form. Use the “Ingre-Written Image Tips” for help) report to the presumed head of your company (actual CEO or the fictional CEO of your simulation company). In this report:
• In an initial paragraph, identify the company’s problem and the key stakeholders who might influence the company or have an impact on operations. Very briefly describe how they might have an impact. (Keep this very short!)
• In a second paragraph, explain your point of focus and your research—why you looked at the research you did and what you learned that was relevant to the company’s issues, strategy, or operations from the research. This should include at least one sentence describing the value you derived from each article.
• Develop one or more recommendations on how the company could be modified or change behavior to fit the conclusions from the research. For each recommendation ensure there is a logical rationale.
This report must be no longer than 250 words. (Note, it is much better to exceed the report length than to not say something you think must be said. You lose fewer marks for going over the length than for not saying something important—use your judgement.)
8. Prepare a submission to Turnitin as follows with Word .doc or .docx output, or .rtf output (not a .pdf):
• Cover page in APA style
• Your report in MEMO form (the three sections above)
• Appendix 1: Your definition of stakeholders
• Appendix 2: Mind-map (could be a drawing, a jpeg from a photograph, or an insert from mind-mapping software (for example Coggle). Ensure the details of the mind-map are legible in your final document.
• Appendix 3: Summary of Article 1 with an APA reference
• Appendix 4: Summary of Article 2 with an APA reference
• APA reference list of all additional sources used in developing your report
9. Submit the completed report to the Turnitin DropBox for Week 4.
This assignment will be marked out of 100 pts. as follows:
• Up to 5 pts for the definition of stakeholders
• Up to 20 pts. for the quality of the mind-map
• Up to 10 pts. for the quality of the academic sources. (5 pts each)
• Up to 20 pts. for the quality of the article summaries (10 pts each)
• For the report itself
o Up to 5 pts. for the quality of your introductory paragraph
o Up to 15 pts. for the quality of the research explanation.
o Up to 15 pts. for the quality of the recommendations.
• Up to 10 pts. for the quality of the English and proper document style—think of the type and quality of document you would submit to your boss!
o APA style citations and references are essential for all sources.
o Note that negative points are possible for serious errors.
Within one week of completion of the exercise you should receive through your MYUCW portal a grade sheet that identifies how well you have done.
Articles on Stakeholders (found in the UCW library)
Assudani, Rashmi; Kloppenborg, Timothy J. (2010). Managing stakeholders for project management success: an emergent model of stakeholders. Journal of General Management 35, p67-80.
Brown, Barb; Flynn, Margie. (2008). The Meta-trend Stakeholder Profile: The Changing Profile of Stakeholders in a Climate- and Water-Stressed World. Greener Management International, Issue 54, p37-43.
Freeman, R.E.; Harrison, J.S.; Wicks, AC; Parmar B.; de Colle, S. (2010). Stakeholder theory: the state of the art. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
Garvare, Rickard; Johansson, Peter. (2010). Management for sustainability – A stakeholder theory. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence 21, p737-744.
Greenwood, Michelle; Buren III, Harry. (2010). Trust and Stakeholder Theory: Trustworthiness in the Organisation–Stakeholder Relationship. Journal of Business Ethics 95, p425-438.
Krafft, J.; Ravix, J.-L. (2008). Corporate governance and the governance of knowledge: rethinking the relationship in terms of corporate coherence. Economics of Innovation & New Technology, Vol. 17, p79-95.
Meador, Joseph W.; Meador, Matthew W. (2010). Corporate Governance: Shareholder Rights And Firm Performance. Journal of Business & Economics Research, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1-11.
Plaza-Úbeda, José; Burgos-Jiménez, Jerónimo; Carmona-Moreno, Eva. (2010). Measuring Stakeholder Integration: Knowledge, Interaction and Adaptational Behavior Dimensions. Journal of Business Ethics 93, p419-442.
Roloff, Julia. (2008). Learning from Multi-Stakeholder Networks: Issue-Focussed Stakeholder Management. Journal of Business Ethics 82, p233-250.
Tsoi, Joyce. (2010). Stakeholders’ Perceptions and Future Scenarios to Improve Corporate Social Responsibility in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Journal of Business Ethics 91, p391-404.
Van Buren III, Harry J. (2010). Taking (and Sharing Power): How Boards of Directors Can Bring About Greater Fairness for Dependent Stakeholders. Business & Society Review 115, p205-230. For more information on Critical Component of Stakeholders see this: https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/economics-business-and-labor/businesses-and-occupations/stakeholders
Why Choose Us
ACME Homework provides the best top-grade academic writing services in compliance with our customers’ instructions. Have your paper written by a certified professional online college homework help writer to produce only high-quality essays with zero plagiarism.
Professional Academic Writers
You can now choose from a pool of online college homework help writers. Choose your writer and have them write the best content for you. ACME Homework has, over the years, secured a team of the most reliable, experienced, and qualified writers. You can, therefore, trust that your assignment is in good hands.
We know that students have very limited budgets. And for that, we always strive to provide only the best, most affordable online college homework help services to our customers. Our goal is to provide top-quality assignment help services to all customers at the lowest, most affordable prices.
At Acmehomework.com, we pay strict attention to deadlines. We recommend you to check out clients’ reviews for assurance that we will complete your assignments within the set deadlines. You can, therefore, trust that your paper will be done within and before the set deadline. Until now, we have not missed a single deadline.
Our Acmehomework.com homework helper experts write only 100% original and plagiarism-free content for all of our clients. We also have a Quality Assurance Department team that goes through all work submitted by our writers multiple times. You can, therefore, rest assured that any signs of plagiarized or unoriginal content will be rejected before it reaches your portal.
Customer Support 24/7
Acmehomework.com expert writers are always available 24/7 for customers who need assistance with using our website. You don’t have to check your watch the next time you want to have your assignment written. Our customer support is always available round the clock and ready to listen to your queries. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: email@example.com.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
For years now, Acmehomework.com has stood as a leader in providing its customers with the best online college homework help service in the industry. And all you have to do is provide us with the details of your order. Leave everything else to us. We’ve always got you covered.
Since we launched, Acmehomework.com deserved the best online “college homework help status” thanks to our essay ordering, writing, and delivery process. We deliver nothing but excellence in our results. Our essay writing services include impeccable grammar, zero-plagiarism, proper structure, and conformance to guidelines.
Admission and Business Papers
Our top-quality online college homework help services guarantee that you will be accepted into your desired university. You just need to fill out your admission and business papers, and our team of online homework help workers will handle the rest. We will help you achieve and secure the best positions in your admissions forms.
Editing and Proofreading
At Acmehomework.com, we have a skilled writing and editing team that’s dedicated to creating, editing, and restructuring for all types of papers. Our online college homework help editing and proofreading team will check, paraphrase, and correct any grammar mistakes on your paper before submitting the final document to you.
At Acmehomework.com, we pride ourselves in having writers in almost all fields, even the most technical ones. You never have to worry about your paper being too technical for our certified online college homework help writers to handle. ACME Homework’s team of writers can handle even the most complex writers. We will match your paper to the most competent writer that we believe will handle your paper the best way possible.